Increasing Fixed Buyer Fees for WordPress and PHP Items on CodeCanyon

You’re not alone, I was down my price too.

Can’t believe such change was made this way! As an author as well as a buyer, I feel like I’m not respected at all. Envato just, suddenly & roughly, hacked into our pricing to justify the $1 per sale they were going to take away from us, leaving us with MISLEADING information! Can’t believe it!

3 Likes

Why you guys still talking and complaining? lol, Envato never listened to the authors, I just want to see what is “Envato” without us. They mostly care about their business more than the authors opinions.

You can inform as, make a poll, ask us, share us, then from the poll you could do any feature.

3 Likes

Next time please warn us about the price change. There was no notice!! Nothing, anywhere, just this post that came after the prices changed. Not cool.
We need to adjust price information in several places or decrease the price and loose money. Not cool Envato.

Morning all.

@twisted1919, @tips4design, @cmoreira and others - yes, we’ll definitely be making sure more notice is given for any future changes. That was an oversight, and has been raised with all teams involved in this change.

@KestutisIT - it looks like that page is a duplicate of the article I linked to, and the pricing table had not been updated to match the original. We’re currently moving from multiple ZenDesk instances to a single multibrand version, which has left a few duplicate articles out there. Sorry for the confusion! I’ve checked in with the team managing that page, and they have confirmed that it’s now been updated. All duplicate help centre articles will be removed soon, which will make it much easier to track down official information.

3 Likes

After this settled a bit, looks like a smart move, meaning you say “this is worth more”. The only thing missing here, as we all agree, is the prior notice to it. Thanks!

2 Likes

Heh, you say TF is not in the plan, for now, that means very soon it will be… I am not against the increase… the not notifying part was a bad move, but well we are used to those “sorry” that hurt authors, but you think sorry helps so much that you can keep on throwing it around so easily. :slight_smile:

ups I did it again - Should be a company anthem for you guys :slight_smile:

As I sad nothing wrong with price increasing, happened in the past I remember the days when a WordPress theme fixed price was $39.

Now Envato raises the price for us and we decide if we will take the hit or no.

Cheers

5 Likes

I think Envato they do what they want and never listen to authors.
Never have a poll before any major change.

Does this change the amount of money an author earns on a sale?
No. This change does not affect an impacted author’s earnings on a sale.

But authors have to increase price of item they selling. :joy:

2 Likes

That’s a good point but it will be effective if all authors agreed on raising their items price, This way will deliver a message “This market worth more” I think Envato is trying to push us to do that which is good thing for better income.

Price increase without sending authors an email notification or even market dashboard announcement notification

We should now revise the prices making it attractive for the buyer again which may force us to lower this $1 increase meaning that Envato will get more and we get less

For years, every single change Envato is making harms the author and unfortunately harming Envato itself.

When you stuck us on new taxes, you said: “Wait and see”. We waited but didn’t see any real improvements or any real increase in sales after being a US company. When recently joined Elements, you cut %30 for taxes and told me that because Envato is an Australian company and these are the Australian royalty withholding tax

You ignore the features we ask for years and ignore all our real complaints and send us asking about our opinion in ordering a specific market menu items trying to improve the UX

Previously when the buyer buy the item with a $2 increase, this increase was being shared between the author and Envato before you decide to take all of them

on Envato birthday, I remember we authors had 7 days with the maximum rate which gots decreased year after year before you announce that you will never do it again

As an author, I really lost the passion to add any new items while once upon a time, most authors here were in love with the market, were in love with their padges and paws, were having a nice time in the forums

Currently, before opening an email from Envato, I will ask myself “Oh what happened again, I hope it is not an extremely bad news”

Thanks for ignoring us and for ignoring this message as well!

15 Likes

@BenLeong Simple question. previously $20 was break even. If you sell plugin below that price then u dont get 30%. so, now what is the break even? or minimum price for plugin to be sold??

We need to -$1 our price, so it’s not buyer fee, it’s actually author fee. Yay! not cool :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.