In doubt uploading for Audiojungle?

I’m in doubt if I should upload this piece. It’s not main stream. Or am I wrong?

2 Likes

Hi @fishsound,

I guess, this track in it’s actual state will catch a straight forward rejection.

• the piano in the intro is too experimental, especially that chords sounding somehow improvised
  • that hi percussion in the intro has too much presence and is too loud, the fade out and the re-step-in seems to be randomly
  • I like the composition of the part from 01.04 to 02:10 but anyhow your strings sounding weird. They do not fit together.
  • delete the hi percussion part from 02:10 to 02:27 - it doesn’t fit to the mood of that song part

Maybe music like this would fit to a documentary, but in my opinion it’s extremely niche. The most annoying thing in this song ist that hi percussion.

2 Likes

That’s a very nice vibe. I admit the polyrhythm is not quite fit for the AJ mainstream vision. But i think it worths a try. You may try some adjustments though.
The percussion comes and goes a bit too sudden. You may experiment with some fade in - out in order to give them more cohesivity. Some transitions to emphasize the impact and to deviate the sudden changes.
I feel the cello is missing a bit of expressivity. Some expression autlmation will increase the dramatism.
The piano polyrythm have to be a bit more precise.Find a sequence, a walk, something memorable. In my opinion is a great track and i wouldn’t change at all. Except for the cello expression and some piano sequence here and there. Cheers.
PS. 90% of the production and mixing is psychoacoustics. Listeners ears might be tricked with simple things that sound amazingly naive.But it works. Raising the volume of the chorus for 1 dB makes a huge difference. Inserting some seconds of silence before the chorus will make the chorus more impactful , microdynamics . Using a timpani and some cheap reversed cymbal will mask the unwanted impact of the percussion ( in your case) .

4 Likes

@Soundtrickz Yes that high percussion (clocks) needs some more fading. I found the cello already real expressive. I didn’t dare to do more, but I will see if it works… I didn’t quantize the piano polyrhythm to keep it as real as possible, but maybe I should tighten it some more.
My question was more or the piece is too niche. I want to keep my nice approval rate in tact.
Thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

Well.All i can say is from my own experiences and i do not expect that to be shared by other producers/composers. I tend to write a song, then i left it alone for a day or two. If after this period i remember anything from this song, a theme, a sequence, a chord progression, then it worths to be developed.Otherways is just my ego begging to be praised. F#@k my ego. There is not mainstream, or hit track, or banger. A song becomes a hit by listeners volition. If its good, the genre does not matter.Yes, maybe some genres are more easy to digest by others but this does not mean nothing. Thats why we had Bjork, Radiohead, PJ Harvey, and thousands of artist who raised from the underground culture straight into the tops.

3 Likes

Yes that’s true!

1 Like

Hoi, this would be a fantastic film music, compliments!!!

1 Like

That’s very nice to hear @Audioland Thanks!

Sorry my bad english. Super Job! I very like this pulsing rytm, polyrhythm and idea of this track. Sound very reach. Maybe to experimentaly for AJ. Clock tick sounds a little bit in the face

2 Likes

Hi @Soundtrickz @Audioland @SD_sound @Daydreamz-Studios
I faded the high perc (clocks) some and turned it a little bit down, made the cello a little bit more outspoken and tweeked some here and there. Better?

2 Likes

This perc thing is only disturbing the whole piece, delete it and nobody will miss it :wink:

1 Like

The final version is ready. Deleted the perc.

Very good, now a bit tweaking the mix and it will be a masterpiece.

1 Like

@fishsound . On the second listen i have the felling that the intro is way too long and kinda useless. IMO, i’d start the song with the part at 2:20-ish , than i’d move to the part which starts at 1:00. The introduction is way too convoluted, the cello ( or other string instrument) is way too harsh and a bit uninspired. Lots of high mids there. 2k till 7k cycles. Still missing the rhytmical sequence. Maybe try to put that back with more delay and reverb.It will add movement and life. Use some transition between parts to increase dramatism. You can easily chop some elements from your track, export them into the project with lot of long reverb and reverse them in order to create the transition. PS. There are still some elements which are a bit harsh. If you have time have a look at Oeksound Soothe. Cheers

1 Like

And I like this job!
Only I would make two different items ; probably after 2:10 I would cut it off and make an ‘Ident’.
And I would call the first part of the ‘Cinematic Trailer’ and Ident ‘Cinematic Drama Ident’.

1 Like

The piano at the start sounds like the beginning of a Keith Jarrett improvisation. Really cool but too experimental for most AJ customers. I think it would be a mistake to try to sell a creative, original piece like this as stock music. To me the ideal outlet for something like this would be for a documentary or TV series… but if that’s what you’re going for I feel like there’s better ways to achieve that than put it up in the vast ocean of AudioJungle and hope someone randomly comes across it.

1 Like

Thanks @Audioland @Soundtrickz @add9audio @zigro. Yes tweaking a bit… but my initial question seems the key thing. Don’t know how to market this piece other then AJ. I would like to sell it here. I’m split between making what AJ needs and making more creative comps.
Thanks again, I’m realy glad with the comments and support from you guys!!

1 Like

I would add to other authors comments: on the mix side, it sounds a bit narrow (not enough sub, bass and lacking treble a bit too). Instruments or fighting a bit with each other in the mids. I love the vibe of the track and the complex arrangement yet intelligible. I would love to feel low rumble somewhere before it ends. I would maybe add low bass/sub far away hits around the middle of the track, lower strings harmony or rhymic part (maybe from 1:34) to make it more insisting and growing. After the first 1:34 sounding a bit cold and fragile (in the right dramatic way) it would makes a great impact to add warmth suddenly. All this is only my opinion and maybe you don’t want the track going in that direction. Arrangement could stay like this. But on the mix side, if you add no instruments try to get more low frequency maybe in keeping more low on your low piano notes. Some hi strings could have more treble on them. The vibe makes me think a bit of Interstellar.

Great job! :wink: I will follow the music you do for sure. This is a track I would love to mix :wink:

I hope it helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like