We’re updating our Envato Market and Author Terms. Read on for a summary of what’s changed.
You don’t need to take any further action to accept the updated terms. The changes will come into effect for you on 1 January 2016. By continuing to use Envato Market after that time, you agree to the updated terms.
Feel free to leave your comments or questions below and we’ll get back to you with responses over the coming days.
For All Users
Envato Market TermsHere is a summary of the changes to the Envato Market Terms. You can read them in full [here](https://themeforest.net/legal/market/5).
- Expanded the reach of who is responsible to follow the item license, from ‘purchaser’ to ‘downloader’
- Clarified the position that authors are responsible for obtaining model and property releases for appropriate items, and that buyers needing a copy of those releases should seek the authors’ cooperation
- New definition and some references to Envato Companies
- Updated liability and indemnity clause to reflect the relationship between Envato, authors and buyers
- Inserted details around the refusal to process a payment, block a user or disable an account for various reasons, including to comply with certain laws and regulations, such as US sanctions and export control laws and the countries where Envato Market is not accessible
- Clarified how Envato may use other Envato Companies for payment related activities.
Author TermsHere is a summary of the changes to the Author Terms which you can read in full [here](https://themeforest.net/legal/author/5).
- Inserted some additional promises you make to buyers relating to basic consumer law standards like the item works as described and matches the description you provide
- Expanded the reach of who is responsible to follow the item license from ‘purchaser’ to ‘downloader’
- Added a promise you make to Envato and your buyers that you have and can produce your model and property releases for items that need a release
- Broadened the scope of use of your item by Envato for promotion across all of the Envato sites and not just Envato Market
- Your liability to each buyer has been capped to your earnings from the sale of the item whereas previously your liability to each buyer was unlimited no matter how much the item was worth
- Added an information link to this post that has all the tax related information