Important Changes to VideoHive Stock Footage Review

Unfortunately yes:

After couple days i will have 7 months

I understand. So, now we can’t believe this time indicator either. They probably just decreased intentionally the number of days to make us shut up for a while.

You’re missing the important part…

“If however, the approval ratio falls below our threshold, we’ll reject the rest of their queued submissions.”

So those items may have been in the queue for six months, they may have been in the queue for six days. Rejected or approved, they’ve still been reviewed, so those six day files are now going to count towards the average.

If somebody has all of their queued submissions rejected which have been in the queue for seven months… then their average which they contribute to the review time calculation, will be seven months. Although it;s more likely they will have a relatively equal amount of files which have been in the queue for seven, six, five, four, three, two, one and zero months. So their contribution to the average calculation will be 3.5 months. If the file that resulted in getting all of their items rejected, was reviewed after seven months, and all the rest of their items were in the queue for a month (and there were lots of them… then they’re contributing just over a month to the average.

The time indicator has, and still is (as far as I can tell), accurate when it comes to the average amount of time (over the past seven days) that the reviewed items took before they were reviewed. Unfortunately, it’s never been all that accurate when it comes to reflecting how long you’ll have to wait before your items get reviewed. It was kind of right before the ‘important changes’… but due to the changes, it’s considerably less so.

Under the circumstances, they might just be better ditching the time indicator when it comes to stock footage.

Hi :slight_smile: you forgot to answeeeer.
How many time you waiting for review your footages?
Or you ignore me :slight_smile:

Not forgot you, just not had the time to draft a suitable response. But most of my stuff is reviewed in around a week as it’s all motion graphics stuff. Have just uploaded my first stock footage for a very long time though, so we’ll see how long that takes. I estimate before Christmas.

As a New author this is scary to hear. Not positive at all. My first clips are in the queue for months now and If all of them get hard rejected by this harsh maneuver definitely it will break my heart. We will have to wait and see coz they don’t seem to give any space to learn.

Agreed, but if a decent percentage of your items got rejected without this new process, then it;s not unreasonable to think that most of your remaining items would be rejected as well. Obvioulsy there will always be exceptions, bad luck, and the possibility that your worst items are reviewed, resulting in your best items getting rejected… but still.

Not sure about the learning part. The only thing you learn from getting everything approved is that you’re making good work… keep at it! Get everything rejected and you know there’s room for improvement.This new process might result in a few good items getting rejected, but it’s better to get good items rejected than to get bad items approved. You’d become complacent if that was the case, overconfident in the creation of new items, and less likely to accept rejection when it does eventually come. On the other hand, if you feel that all your items need improvement, then you’ll be continuously looking for ways to improve, fine-tuning your items and making them the best they can be.

Hopefully that makes sense?! That’s the way I see it anyway!

Untitled

After 3 days …

I know what I’m talking about!

Did you read my previous post? If auto-rejected items are included in the calculation, it makes sense that the number will fluctuate considerably. All you need is one batch of 100 files that get auto-rejected after seven months to make the number really high, and one batch of 100 files that get auto-rejected after one month to make the number really low. My advice… ignore the number. Create and upload stuff as you normally would, and use the amount of days that your item actually took to get reviewed ,to base any decisions off.

My advice to Envato… change the way the number is calculated, get rid of the number, or instigate a ‘the first rule of number of review days club, is we do not talk about number of review days’ to the forum rules… and then we can just lock/delete any such posts. It’s more trouble than it’s worth!

You could be right. If you’re right then, that number is useless.
I think it could work if they put a limit per uploads like 20 items/month for every uploader. But I don’t know if everyone will be pleased. I don’t know either how many stock footage uploaders are from 9 million community members. We need to find a solution ! I really hope one day we will have the chance to have our items reviewed in one or two weeks. We need to think at something, because we keep this market alive, so we have a responsability to help them find a solution.

1 Like

7 months in queue! :slight_smile:

Great!

Cheap company.

1 Like

Hey Envato, it’s not working! Please find something else!

2 Likes

7 month and 3 days.

1 Like

Upload is not working for me for last 24 hours. I do uploads via FTP and then it doesn’t appear on Upload page. Anyone having the same issues?

Today after 7month and 4 days i have my first rejects, all files in batch and only two files accepted.
Here is example of rejected files.
This batch fully was accepted 7 month ago by each other 10 stock marketplaces.
No sense to use forum, no sense to upload new files.
There is only one thing, its to wait for when something changes and Videohive will become interesting for Envato as a business.

1 Like

Today i will upload new files and i will tell you how it works.
Maybe men you just out of Envato HQS* quality standarts.

If this continues, then the videohive will die in a couple of years. But in general for the market it will be good because small prices. For this reason, there are no large stock footage producers such as hotelfox…t and Aila…ages.

3 Likes

I think Envano has the money to hire a reviewers, but they deliberately do not. Videohive will soon die? Or will there only remain selected authors who make a good sales result? I heard from authors that sales have fallen or have stopped at one level. Can we have answers to our questions from owners of Envato?

This :slight_smile: