Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

I have 2 accounts .

I place my tax information in my exclusive account , and everything went well.

After i try to place the same information in the settings of my second non-exclusive account
but the page gives me an error…it says that my information are incorrect…

Do somebody has the same issue ?

What do i have to do ?

Is enough to give my information just one time and counts for both ?

So, to benefit from the treaty, it should be enough to enter our native ID on the form, correct? We don’t need to have an ITIN. (Envato also said that entering the native ID will be enough to benefit from the treaty) - @natman ?

The only thing matters is…:
1 - if you are a resident of a country that has a treaty with USA…
2 - And, if you are REALLY withdrawing your money FROM that country which has the treaty…

@natman please clarify this.

No friend, it seems to me that you’re adding unnecessary confusion which we already have enough.

We can only choose ONE option from the form below, an ITIN or a FOREIGN TAX ID, not both.
And if we can’t submit a Native ID (ForeignTaxID) to benefit from the treaty, then WHY IT’S AN OPTION?

CONCLUSION…:
1 - ITIN is an OPTION, but NOT a MUST to benefit from the treaty
2 - And it would be enough to submit a native ID to benefit from the treaty

anyway, I’ll be waiting for @natman 's clarification.

4 Likes

Also, this is an ANOTHER question, about a reply of @collis to a fellow author…:

Can we choose to NOT provide a TAX ID and yet benefit from the treaty?

Because this is what I understand from the reply of Collis…: if we are a RESIDENT of a country that has a tax treaty with USA, we can choose to NOT PROVIDE A TAX ID, by selecting the option “ForeignTaxID” and Typing “NotProvided” in the textField (Because we don’t have to be a citizen of the treaty country. If the treaty country is our residence and we are withdrawing our money from there, it’s enough to benefit from the treaty)

Please also clarify this, @natman ?

1 Like

I was honestly shocked to read the first reply to Dream_Theme’s post. How could you treat someone who brought you over a million of net income like that?

I remember the days when Envato was a (relatively) small and friendly marketplace. I don’t know what happened since then (except for money, money definitely happened), but eventually it became one of those companies you can point finger to and say “that’s how you don’t treat your customers”.

And I’m pretty sure the real answer to all questions such as “why should we care you moved to USA”, or “why should you force me to give any money to the US government”, or “why am I not able to block my US sales or increase prices for that market”, or “why shouldn’t you provide tools for this and that” is quite simple actually: “Because we can”.

10 Likes

If you choose not to provide a Tax ID (or Foreign Tax ID), then you will not benefit from the treaty and will be applied a 30% tax on US sales.

1 Like

I’m an individual from Egypt, what is the expected share I got from $17 item price?

Might want to check this

and @SpaceStockFootage reply

Does anybody from Bulgaria know exactly which number we should give, in order to benefit from the tax treaty with the USA?
Thanx in advance!

Hallo, long time no following this thread, how about partnership tool guys?

Quick update on the update: we’re very close to being ready to come back to you all on the partnerships and split withdrawals questions, but Collis was a little too optimistic about the timing front and it’s now looking more like next week. Thanks again for your patience and see you then!

Currently living in Japan but I am French, and now if I set the w8 form I will only be able to withdrawal to Japan which is a big problem for me, is there any chance to be able to withdrawal to an other country without having to pay the stupid 30% to the US?

Really awesome changes…

Hi @natman, do you know we only have one month left to fill out W8, and we still don’t have any clue about partnership. Can you at least tell us in which direction you are going?

1 Like

Hi @natman, even a solution where a part of a sale would be credited to one Envato account and the remaining part to the account which actually lists and sells an item (a partnership of two author accounts) would be better for some people than handling partnerships on our own. Purchasers could receive invoices from two authors. This way we could also hire support staff without registering a company and handling paperwork ourselves.

I know that the above suggestion is a big workaround but it could work.

Or you could allow the author account to buy “an item” (not visible to anyone else) from partner account with 0% fees (which is the same as transferring money from author Envato account to partner Evanto account).

Please, Envato handling partnerships like before would be excellent. Please.

Can you please high price for US buyers only? If its difficult to add Tax on top of item price.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be very fair, charging more to people from a certain country. And the thing is, this is a tax on your earnings that you have to pay, so even if they increase the prices, you’re still going to pay tax… just more of it. Sure, if the increase it enough, then you’re going to earn a net amount the same as you were getting prior to the 1st of January, but you’re still going to be having a certain amount withheld by Envato.

We need an answer on this urgently, some of us are negotiating buy outs and terminating partnerships by end of the month since that’s the last time we can do a split payment. Time is ticking.

3 Likes

About 70-80% of my buyers are from States and i’m very grateful for that.
From January i can freely close my “shop”, since my moderate income would be halved to almost none.
If Envato consider authors as partners, how about split those 30% extra burden or just any other smart solution?

4 Likes

Postpone the launch.

One would have expected Envato having sorted out all these technical/financial issues before the initial announcement. Yet, here we are, November almost gone and still reading “we’re working on it” messages. Frankly speaking, the biggest change in Envato history couldn’t have been handled poorlier than this.

There’s not enough time to adapt, realize whose fault is that and give us more.

18 Likes

Grande!(: Io ci ho messo il mio codice fiscale, compilato tutti i dati e messo entrambe le spunte dove lo chiedeva, sembra sia ok (?) però mi hai tolto un dubbio!

For non-Italians:
Great! (: I put my Codice Fiscale, filled all the data and double thiked where asked, it seems to work fine (?) you solved a doubt I had!

:sunny: