Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

Actually I think they said that only a third of all sales are from the US.

It clearly states on our statement that a portion of what the buyer pays is a support fee for 6 months, so royalty withholding should not be applied, just like when someone buyers a support extension. Therefore US RWHT should only be applied to the price of the licence.

3 Likes

@collis thanks for your responses!

I have a few questions:

• Iā€™ve been to the US and I have a Social Security number and I entered that instead of Tax ID. Does that make any difference in the amount of tax that I pay?
  • Quote from the original blog post by Collis:

Ultimately growing in the key market of the US will lead to a larger revenue pool for authors on Envato Market.

I really want someone from Envato to expand of this. How exactly revenue can potentially go up when Envato is a US company? How will it attract more buyers? Practical examples please!

• Does that mean even more transactions will show up in the Statement? Iā€™m using the Envato API to create an app for tracking sales and itā€™s getting increasingly difficult to keep up with changes to the Statement. I wish we could avoid the constant breaking changes to the API, like first adding author fees, then separate transactions for item support, and now tax for US buyers. Some form of versioning for the API would go a long way. If someone is still using SalesRobot they should know what Iā€™m talking about.
4 Likes

Regarding Foreign Tax id:

I believe this should allow using PAN as Foreign Tax Id for Indians (in India PAN is used for tax purposes and provided by local government)

2 Likes

@collis this means exactly what ?:
1- It means I will not be able to withdraw to Paypal without being charged in ALL my items sales with the new tax ?
2- it means I will not be able to withdraw anymore to paypal no mather what (like blocked by Envato) ??
3- If that is the case, should I turn my withdraw options to some other option like Payoneer, what should I do ?

Please I need a clarification on this.

THANKS

1 Like

@collis Since youā€™re limiting the multiple withdrawals options, do you take in consideration allowing us to move our themes to different accounts ? For example, i now have 2 themes with 1 partners. I would like to move one theme to their account.

Best regards,
Stefan

3 Likes

What information about the seller will be on customer invoices from January? Will it still be the company name and address or the authorā€™s real name and address? If it is the real name, can you explain why this is necessary. Thanks

Right, your country not have Tax Treaty with U.S.
You lose 30% of U.S. sales after 1 Jan 2016 .

@collis
WHERE iā€™m i suppose to get Tax ID number !!!
there is a reason why i work in the web, avoid dealings with numbers and blabling with people.

Maybe Envato should consider to split advertising campaigns to send more non US traffic to non US authors so we can avoid huge drops in sales and minimise author loss.

6 Likes

wait, 50% for me, 50% for envato . why donā€™t pay taxes from envato part ?
we suppost to pay everything, pay 50% for envato, pay for bank account services, pay to change from dollars to local currency, and now this.

8 Likes

@collis , I hope you really keep this in consideration.

9 Likes

yeah they need to take this in consideration " Increase the item price (15%) to cover the loss? b) increasing author commissions up to 85% and starts from 70% instead of 50%" the only solution besides not moving to us.

6 Likes

Iā€™m British, but Iā€™ve recently moved to Spain. I set up my Paypal account in the UK and I withdraw my earnings to my UK Paypal account. If I fill in my W8 with my country as Spain, does that mean that I canā€™t withdraw my earnings to my UK Paypal account?

3 Likes

ā€œAs of January 1st 2016 we are streamlining our withdrawal system. Withdrawals will only be processed to the nominated account holder payment details and the country must match the one on the completed W-8 or W-9 form.ā€

Cheers! I donā€™t really want a Spanish Paypal account and a UK Paypal account. Give it a couple of months and Iā€™ll edit my post to sayā€¦

ā€œIā€™m British, but Iā€™ve recently moved to Spain. Then I moved back again.ā€

1 Like

Thanks collis for the answersā€¦ I donā€™t understand above.
Ok, we need to have 1 payment account for envato market + studio, cool!

Envato market is every 15 of month, and envato studio is every 7 of month. This method will change?
I mean, something like merge of both earnings? Sorry, but i am little comfusedā€¦ :unamused:

Thanks again!

Do you know how much is the withholding tax rate for Spain?

envato new rules are the reason why you are moving back ?