Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

Wait a sec…

We need to pay tax for some amount of money received from buyers from USA but… HELLO! We don’t receive ANY money from buyers, we are having money from ENVATO. You’re not a bank Envato, all what we need to do is pay taxes for money received from ENVATO.

This story is all about being a “Direct seller”. Again.

16 Likes

That is very good question and I guarantee that only benefit will gain ENVATO. Not a single author. Also, competition will have to respond on under-pricing which again hits authors pockets on USA market…
This is why I will pull-out from here.
[EDIT] I just hope that there will be my pay-out accumulated here to cash-out also :smile:

What about PAN CARD? Can’t we use PAN NUMBER? :smiley:

I remember joining this market back in 2013 to make a small income while I was studying. Now while envato restructures, making it more difficult for authors on the site. Instead of charging it all on our current prices, I would suggest raising our prices. ITEM_PRICE + TAX. I dont care what buyers say, I have a hard time earning on this site either way, Envato already cuts a commission on our sales (which makes perfect sense) I dont want to receive almost nothing from my sales.

4 Likes

How did you find your Foreign Tax ID Number? I still can’t understand where I can get it from?
P.S: I am an individual freelancer.

Interesting. Envato, if you could add this question to your list of things to answer that would be much appreciated…

1. If you do fill out a W8 then you are only withheld the relevant tax percentage just on sales to US buyers only… or all sales to all buyers?

2. If you don’t fill out a W8 then are you only witheld the maximum tax percentage just on sales to US buyers only… or all sales to all buyers?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Where can I get it? I do not have the Tax ID

1 Like

Speak to the tax office in your country of residence, they’ll be able to tell you your number, or give you one if you haven’t got one.

1 Like

Wow, this is really the destruction of a competitive environment!
Non-exclusive Authors from “bad” countries will left Envato in 2016…

Read again my friend:
If you don’t complete a Form W-8, then we are required to follow a set of rules that defaults to assuming you are a US author who has not completed a W-9 form, and are therefore subject to Backup Withholding tax of 28% applied to all of your sales on Envato (irrespective of where the buyer is based)."

Well it’s kind of cheating if you’ve just typed in “(irrespective of where the buyer is based)” at the end. That’s not there on the page that was linked to! Is it on a different page, or have you just added it in?

I am happy to pay tax in my own country but why should I pay tax to a country from which I have nothing to do!! Can someone explain?

3 Likes

I already asked this and they answered
"Not quite, WaveNebula. If your country doesn’t have a tax treaty with the US and you’ve completed a Form W-8, you will be charged 30% on the Item Price to US buyers only. If you don’t complete a Form W-8, then we are required to follow a set of rules that defaults to assuming you are a US author who has not completed a W-9 form, and are therefore subject to Backup Withholding tax of 28% applied to all of your sales on Envato (irrespective of where the buyer is based)."

tax of 28% applied to all of your sales on Envato (irrespective of where the buyer is based)."

I did not add anything, I just copy pasted their answer from the begging of this thread

1 Like

No authors, no Envato.

6 Likes

Sounds good. Give me a shout when it’s all set up and we can start uploading.

That’s all good then. I was directed to the FAQ page so I was going off that info, I hadn’t see than specific reply. That makes it a bit clearer, thanks!

For ALL BULGARIANS:
If you are filling W8 form as an individual, use your EGN instead of Foreign Tax ID Number.

4 Likes

TIN for EU countries

1 Like

Hi, guys. Why should I pay US taxes if I pay local Taxes? You have company in USA, not me.

17 Likes

Because they treat us as “Direct sellers” and officialy we’re the ones who selling here, not Envato :smiley:

Ahh… everything will be sooooo simple if Envato will act as a Seller (which is the fact btw.), all what we need to do is creating new items, Envato sells them, we send them one invoice a month and this is it… but no, Envato needs to complicate things!

8 Likes