Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

İf your country as listed as %0, there will be NOTHING changing for you.
So there will NOT be any cut for your sales when you sell to customers from USA.
You’re from the “lucky” ones, great for you.

Yes there is an elite author from Afghanistan and I think it was…themefuse? They are also an group of authors.

2 Likes

I would appreciate if you could share your view about: Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

Since you have done the research, I would assume you have looked into Apple marketplace. They don’t force the WHT. If you haven’t, perhaps their legal model is worth a look. Sure it’s in their corporate culture to honestly care for all stakeholders involved which contrasts with what Envato seems to believe in. Nonetheless, better to deviate once every while when there’s public outcry.

The non-US authors with 30% are at a competitive disadvantage so you should allow them to make the decision here. If they wish to add it to the price - after you have their tax % information - how about showing the higher price to US geolocation? For example, if you know an author has to pay 30% tax and the author has opted to levy it on US buyers, show $130 upfront (not on the checkout). Many large corporations do practice location-based pricing (Geographical pricing) so it’s not unheard of. And it’s not really as complicated as it sounds to implement on technical side either once you have the data.

8 Likes

On one hand yeah, on the other - i’m curious how many stupid improvements will be added next. Why not Cayman Islands or Dubai, why USA?

Another thing - i don’t want to send any personal information to the US IRS. What the hell?

8 Likes

At least, enjoy it for now.

And regarding to your question about “personal information”, as far as I understand you are free to leave the tax ID as “NotProvided” ; but you must enter all the other areas (name, etc.) strictly.

@surjithctly Each day the post gets updated with links to what’s been answered. Look for the “[READ ME!] Q&A” section/summary in Nat’s original post. :thumbsup:

A lot of repeated questions are also answered in our Help system:

Finally, during the Australian work day (as it’s currently 3:45am in Melbourne), someone from HQ will be back to check and respond to any outstanding questions.

Please take a moment to check your question(s) have not already been answered via the links above before posting. Thanks for everyone’s patience.

@collis Please we need answer for this question. Most authors expecting as well.
Or can we set higher prices for US buyers?

3 Likes

I think so. But they will withhold 30% of all your US sales, just not your non-US sales, as I think you said earlier you were in one of the 30% countries?

Yeah, I’m in one of the 30% countries.

That is what I want to know

Is this real!? Can any of you confirm this? If it’s real, this is not fair at all. I don’t understand why can’t we just pay for our part(net earning)? Why we have to pay for author fee which should be paid by Envato?

7 Likes

Yea definitely! hahaha :joy:

Unfortunately this is happening!

I believe they will still withhold 28% of the US sales, unfortunately!

themefuse are not from Afganistan :smiley:

It is 30% and I’m fine with that, I just wanted to make sure that typing “Not Provided” deos has the same effect of typing a real foreign tax number.
I thought if I typed “Not Provided” they would withhold 28% of all my sales because I didn’t type a real number.

1 Like

one big elite author is, I have seen an interview but it could be a different author

Thank you @foreverpinetree :smile:

I have a question in my Settings -> Tax if i set my valid information i see this:

“The beneficial owner is claiming the provisions of Article 12(1) of the treaty identified above to claim a 0% rate of withholding.”

So i will not lose any thing or i will lose 30% from US buyers? Can some one help here?

you will not lose anything

Thank you LLmotion