Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

That’s what I ask too.

All sounds good to me. Keep up the good work!

They learned, they saw that vat implementation caused drop of sales. So they decided to hang this now on us

7 Likes

This is the worst news that came from Envato ever.
Most of the buyers come from US. this is a really bad game changer…

3 Likes

Will Envato be kind enough to provide stats of authors who will quit after this nonsense goes live?

6 Likes

Sadly News! :frowning:

1 Like

Question 1

On the “Tax Information” from. If I am Not an US person & I am a Corporation. What address should I put to the “Permanent residence address” and the rest of the fields - state, ZIP, Country of residence, Tax ID (selected text on the screenshot)?

Should it be the address of the corporation, or the address of the beneficial owner of the corporation?.

Question 2

If the Corporation resides in Ireland, but the corporation’s beneficial owner resides in a different country, which one of the two countries counts to be the one, on which the tax treaties are bound?

Thanks.

1 Like

I’d guess it would be the address that the corporation is registered to, rather than you as an individual. I’m not tax doctor though!

:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse:

1 Like

Why USA, not Cayman Islands

21 Likes

Paying income tax to a country I am not resident of!? Please, tell me more! :angry:

31 Likes

Nothing new here: more taxes, more limits, crappier services. There were no benefits for the authors for years now, everything they added was pretty much a burden to us, I guess we’re being forced to move somewhere else. Even with half the sales, I’d guess we could make up with the same profits, it just requires a little bit more risk and trying something new, but seeing what Envato has become, things can only go worse if we stay here.

Sad, Envato, sad.

28 Likes

goodbye Envato t.c :joy:

9 Likes

“However I understand that there will be some authors, affiliates and users who may find that this means that selling with Envato no longer makes sense. As always, it’s important for every user to weigh up their situation and consider what’s best for them.”

please don’t do that we as seller all are satisfied with current situation.
please anvato don’t do that.

2 Likes

lol. don’t you read the first post of @natman clearly?

Well, Envato, as long as you pay the European VAT on your own, just do the same for the US customers, what’s the problem?

5 Likes

I think it is their decision and it is already finalised. What we could do is finding new market, new way to sell our products.

12 Likes

“selling with Envato no longer makes sense”, All the above 200 comments against the new business model.

consider what’s best for the “PILLARS”.

4 Likes

Gladly, I am not in the current list of “bad” countries, and it does not affect me much, but I would like to say a word about those, who will be punished because of you decision.

Envato team, have you ever heard about “retroactivity of the law”? As a lawyer I will explain you with the example: buying a cigarettes is a legal action today. But imagine if I bought a pack of cigarettes yesterday, and today your government says that it is illegal. Does it mean you are the criminal? No. The law does not have retroactivity power!

Of Course, I know you gonna say you’re good guys and everything is legal. But that is wrong. Frankly, it is illegal. You just cut off talented people, those people who live in countries which uncle Sam does not like. Even if you think you are doing right thing, think about human rights? Hm?..

Moreover, I know that US market is very comfortable and tasty for you, but why you did not move to UK market? EU market? In this case you would save a lot of talented composers.

But, the big umbrella question is: Why you are doing it to people? Is your current income is not enough?..

32 Likes

This can’t be more accurate!