Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

+1

I want a clarification about it too.

thank’s man, no more solutions then.

yes author must express their thoughts regarding this unfair step by envato. Specially when envato is such huge financial ecosystem and people who are handling this must give better explanation.

1 Like

Forget about that…Nothing can stop them, we are not contracted to them to make opinions…This game is “accept it or leave” unfortunatly…Nobody cares and thats very sad.

7 Likes

Just a simple question:
If my country has US treaty, but I don’t provide any tax number in W8 form. What happen with my sales?
@collis

1 Like

W-8 form without tax number (foreign tax id or ITIN ) Envato can’t apply the benefit of the treaty rate reduction for your country …means 30% tax on income of US-sales only.

read also:
Important Clarification re. W-8 Form for Non-US Authors

1 Like

@MusicDog from Collis’ answer above should confirm that you can either complete the physical W-8 form or the tax information form on Envato site.

From the answers from Collis and Natman above suggested that if you do not fill the W-8 form, you won’t be able to withdraw your money, unless your payment account is in the USA. Because if you don’t fill the W-8 form they will assume you are US author who didn’t fill W-9 form. Am I right?

1 Like

Thank you :smile:

Sorry first answer was wrong. If you don’t fill tax number, I think 30% from US buyers will be withheld. (Treat you as none tax treaty country even you’re in tax treaty country.)

1 Like

Hello again! First up, a general announcement for everyone who requested a letter from Envato support their W-7 application (attn: @MrMattMusic, @MusicPremium and @TopStudio). This document is now ready and available to collect from taxinfo@envato.com. In your email to taxinfo, please include the same full name you have entered on your W-7 form (usernames are not acceptable). Thanks again for your patience!

Now, on to the remaining questions…

Hi Mega_Music, themezkitchen raised similar questions that we replied to in a previous post. Here’s our original response:

Our decision to move to the US has introduced a number of new requirements in addition to the tax-related ones. Some of the others relate to:

• How Envato Market US users will make payments to and be paid by Envato
  • Withdrawals to multiple accounts; and
  • Countries where you can no longer use Envato.

Applying them across Envato Market ensures that we have a consistency to how Envato works. Full details are available in the blog announcement.

Good question! If RWHT is applied to a sale that is later reversed as a result of a chargeback, we will reverse any RWHT as well and refund the author this amount.

Thanks JamesVMusic, this is correct!

To clarify:

• If you are not a US person, please select “I am not a US person” in the Tax Information section on your Settings page and proceed to complete the rest of the form. Completing this form online is equivalent to completing a hard copy Form W-8.

• If you submit a Form W-8 with a tax ID and your country has a tax treaty with the US, we will apply US RWHT at your country’s treaty rate on all of your sales to US buyers.

• If you submit a Form W-8 without a tax ID, we will apply 30% US RWHT on all of your sales to US buyers, even if your country has a lower tax treaty rate.

• If you submit a Form W-8 and your country does not have a tax treaty with the US, we will apply 30% US RWHT on all of your sales to US buyers, regardless of whether or not you have provided your tax identification number.

• If you don’t submit the Form W-8 at all, we will withhold 28% on all sales.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Hi @natman, thanks! We hope we’ll be able to make it in time now…

1 Like

Hahahaha priceless. You made my day!

thanks now things are finally more clear

1 Like

I also received the same error message but finally I found the error came from the input filed which was not really filled, I typed the information into it, after that the font’s color’s gray, I had to click on the input filed then the message would be popup as selection and then used mouse to select it. This made me crazy and took me many minutes!!! Hope this will help somebody who have the same situation.

Any news on partner account for NON US authors?

@natman I send the email to receive the paper 24 hrs ago and still no feedback from Envato… I thought that…

2 Likes

Same thing here, I replied giving my full name and never heard back from this email address.

1 Like

Friday arrived, no news about partnerships. As if having to deal with such massive changes in less than 2 months wasn’t enough, another week is gone and we’re still lacking such vital informations.

It’s not just the US tax authorities, the whole EU did something similar with their VAT MOSS stuff. Now more countries are going to jump in.