Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

Thanks for all the information you’ve submitted, you’ve done a great work.

I have a question (the best question is the asked one :slight_smile: ) - Don’T you have a TAX ID, or an ID number from your own country (in some countries, ID also is the TAX ID)? I mean, why would you wait for almost 2 months to get a TIN from USA-IRS?

@natman can you also clarify this? We are specifying the country of residence (which has a treaty with USA), and we are already withdrawing from the country of our residence. So, the ID Number that’s given to us from our own country should be enough, right? Our country has a treaty with USA, and we are living there, so why a National ID from our own country wouldn’t work? Doesn’t it all about proving that we are really living in (and withdrawing from) a country that has a treaty with USA?

This is from the excerpt of the Envato Official Thread…:

***If you have a tax number from your own country (i.e. a “foreign tax identification number”), then add that into the W-8 form where specified.*If you’re not sure what is the right number in your country, talk to a tax advisor or accountant. You may need to apply to your country’s government or tax authority.