Important AdRev update

Community! Good news. AdRev has just announced something new:

TRACK SNIPPETS
Hearing any super short uses of your songs on YouTube? Let us know and we’ll run it through our advanced Manual Claiming Tech and find uses down to just a few seconds!

Until now AdRev could only find tracks which were longer than 30 seconds (!) This means that now you can ask them via mail to find uses of your music with new Manual Claiming Technology.

In fact there is one more important thing which they wrote me back:

We can find and claim videos using less than 30 seconds of your songs, but we still cannot accept songs under 30 seconds. YouTube doesn’t allow tracks under 30 seconds as they do not create proper reference files. Any tracks over 30 seconds will create proper reference files, and we can use these files to find videos using less than 30 seconds of this material.

The last sentence sounds like a receipt for a walkaround, doesn’t it? :wink: BTW we can upload songs shorter than 30sec, but it looks like they can’t analyze them.

8 Likes

Hi @RedOctopus,

Do we absolutly need to email them to find short uses ? It’s not automatic ?

That’s how it looks like. Quotation:

Let us know and we’ll run it through our advanced Manual Claiming Tech

1 Like

Good news :slight_smile: Anyone tried to register nowadays?

Very interesting.

@RedOctopus where did you get this info?

There have been contradictory reports. Some are still rejected, while others have made it through.

1 Like

Via mail campaign. I suppose you’ve also received one.

Nope. Actually I’ve never received any communication from them. Maybe I should check my settings.