I'm making an Envato Sales Counter for my office wall

Here we go:

Some 7-segment displays and a NodeMCU. Should be fun :slight_smile: I’ll post pics as I go.

24 Likes

I thought you had done this before?

2 Likes

Good memory :slight_smile: I did this one back in 2012 that counted some sales:

http://dtbaker.net/random-bits/dmd-arduino-envato-marketplace-api/

But those DMD displays chew so much power! And these green numbers match the Envato theme a little more than red :slight_smile:

This new one should hopefully mount nicely in a frame on the wall and run completely off batteries. Plus the NodeMCU has wifi so won’t need a cable running up the wall.

Nice! I would love to be able to do something like that.
Cannot wait to see it finished. :slight_smile:

1 Like

awesome, are you using arduino? or smth else?

1 Like

Haha!) Really cool!))) :+1::laughing:

1 Like

Using one of these NodeMCU boards:

They only cost about $5. They are more powerful than Arduino. They have WiFi built in. And they can run Arduino code just fine. They can run Arduino code but by default they run Lua code, so the code looks like this:

function displayClear ()
 for i=1,8 do
     sendByte(i,0);
 end
end
3 Likes

This is awesome! Can’t wait to see the final result.
Is the balance refreshed automatically?

1 Like

Awesome!! Now your office is going to look like real stock market :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool project! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

1 Like

Haha!) Really cool!))) :+1::laughing: hacker )))))

1 Like

Does it have some kind of “heat protection”? Any cooling fans? Your sales numbers update too often :smiley: :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is really cool. Awesome stuff! :smiley:

1 Like

Progress photo:

next up… green paint!

9 Likes

Wow, coming along there! I am super envious!
I want one to put in my kitchen…

1 Like

I want this too ))))))))))))))))

1 Like

Nice! your project is great. I would also like to make something like this one. Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please make another one for Ebay :slight_smile: Im going to fight for this really hard :wink:

2 Likes

Heh, nice idea!

1 Like

3D Printed number mask in place.

(Scanned that number array > PhotoShop > Illustrator > Vectorized it > STL conversion for 3D Print > Print took about 1.5 hours)

This will let me paint the entire face the same color, and let the numbers shine through once mounted.

6 Likes