I'm mad Envato, whats up with this review mafia?

ok. first of all what the hell is it with the ridicules review times i=on the stock video front? i have uploaded videos that are 10 months in review and still no answer!
an second in motion graphics some of my best renderings with fluid and smoke simulations were rejected, while on every day [edited] motion graphic element being accepted , I’m not perfect, I have made some [edited] animations myself back when I started, but my worst projects look way better than the once accepted every day .

About the stock footage review time - everyone is aware of this issue. There are tons of topics, complains etc. about this issue so you should look them up first, plus I don’t think You will get any answers with an attitude like that. I understand that it could be frustrating and many authors know how it feels, but you should keep calm and keep on trying. Consistency is the key. Look at it this way. Every rejection is a kick in a butt to push yourself forward, to try to produce a better quality work and to evolve as an author.

About “my best renderings”. It is a subjective thing. Ones best work may be no match for other’s worst one. Yes, sometimes you see some new item on marketplace and wonder how the hell did it get accepted. And sometimes people post in forums some good items that got hard rejected. Reviewers are people too and they make mistakes too. So if You really think that was the case and your rejected items really deserve to be on videohive. Post some previews here so other people could give you feedback if you’re really right or wrong. The words “best renderings” aren’t enough proof to show to envato that you’re right. Show us that your work actually was really good and envato wronged you by rejecting it. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve edited your title and post. Please refrain yourself from using posts that include or sublimely suggest such terms. Cheers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes reviewer do wrong things but hard reject not mean will not be accepted again I did my project last couple of days, and I got hard reject then I post it here in the forum, and people help me with advice to improve my project. Finally, I uploaded again with small changes, and I get accepted. My opinion just post your work here, and people will help you here

well, I got a bit tiered of envato [edited], if they sad the waiting time for stock videos is 10 month i wouldn’t have considered to upload it here, with these bizarre approval times I cant calculate when to upload the seasonal videos for example Christmas videos, or Halloween videos, so they get accepted a few weeks before the holiday. and ok, the quality of renderings are subjective, but the things that appear on the site every day… they really dont follow the strict guidelines of quality of envato, not even the quality guidelines of a 2 year old child, at least they reviewed it fast so i can upload them elsewhere. Thats another problem with the stock video section, I’m an exclusive contributor and until I know if my footages are accepted or not I cant submit them to other sites. It would be better if we could set the exclusivity of individual items rather then of our profile

Who said that you can not upload the videos that are in the queue for 5 months somewhere else? If you are exclusive you can not sell the same item on 2 marketplaces at the same time, right, but since during those 5 months nothing is available for sale here on Videohive, you are free to sell them everywhere else as long as they are not online here.
Then as soon as they get online here you take them down from other websites, or resign from your exclusivity!

They publish the current average review times, so that info is available to you. However, the average wait time wasn’t ten months when you uploaded your content ten months ago… so there was no way for them to tell you exactly how long it would take.

On a side note… are you sure it’s ten months? Last I heard was seven months. Has it jumped eight and nine and gone straight to ten already? Crazy!

At the risk of pointing out the obvious… if you uploaded your footage in December (10 months ago), and they had not been reviewed by June (6 months), wouldn’t it have stood to reason that anything you uploaded in June would also take at least 6 months to approve… thus meaning they’d be approved in December?

However, on a side note… a few weeks before the holiday is too late. The larger the company, the sooner they start planning for holidays. Fair enough, the affordable prices mean you get a lot of small and medium business, and even mom and pop or one-man-band action… but still. Envato recommend a minimum of six weeks before. I’d recommend uploading them yesterday.

Which specific guidelines did they not follow?

Please document the stock footage quality guidelines of a 2 year old child.

1 Like

Turn on the camera, auto mode, press the record button, wait 10 seconds, re-press the record button…that’s probably what he meant with 2yo guidelines.
I do actually have a couple of items like that in my portfolio from 5 years ago and I’m not really proud of them at all, but when I hear Envato talking about new quality standards and then I still see this kind of footages on the homepage in 2017 while other professional batches have been rejected, well, it makes my blood boil !

Which guidelines they didn’t follow? have a look at the homepage right now and you’ll get the answer.

I just noticed in the homepage a clip from a power elite author where you can see the cameraman reflected in a mirror…hahaha come on!
New guidelines? Get new reviewers for hell sake!

1 Like

Yep, you probably right. I exaggerated a bit, i was not 10 months it became only 9 month yesterday

Same here, I have and had some low quality items that got accepted when I first started, and looking back on them, they are bad, but since then I have deleted some of them. and still, way worse Items keep pupping up than those

Fair enough… it is still a long time though!

now seriously, this is what gets accepted [removed by moderator]

This is motion graphics, it doesn’t influence stock footage queue and standards are different.
I would remove the link though! :wink:

Yes but I have been rejected way better motion graphics 2 years ago, than this, and this was accepted a yesterday

so I cant post an envato link in an envato forum?

You certainly can!

But you posted a link with the implication that it was a poor quality item. How would you feel if someone did the same to your work? You’d almost certainly respond with anger and this is part of the reason it’s not allowed on the forums.

This is the Envato Community – you’re protected and so is everyone else – so don’t come here to hurt others in the community. If you have a problem with Envato, you’re much more likely to be heard by sending a support ticket than you are by ranting on the forums.

I think you should take a moment to look over the forum rules.

3 Likes

I’m feeling angry because it is of poor quality and envato prides it self to have the highest quality items, and when something gets rejected they say its because of poor quality, and still, items of lower quality appear on a daylie basis. the only section that kept the quality standards is the AE template section

I understand your anger but I feel that your argument doesn’t really make sense. If you don’t like the items approved by Envato, I don’t see why you want to become a part of the item family here?

It’s easy to judge an item without seeing it behind the scenes, and if you have time to check all new items, it means your not doing it right. Work on your own. Create your own standards and quality.

The point of my colleague @baileyherbert was simple, respect your fellow authors and staff members alike. Bashing everyone left and right will not get your item approved. It will most certainly get your account disabled. I’ve already sent you a warning regarding your forum conduct for this exact same thread only a few days ago. If you don’t take a moment to look over and abide by the forum rules and continue this rage moment,we will be forced to suspend you from the forums.

Please. Treat others like you’d like to be treated, and regarding rejections, these are a part of the road to success, get better and better and better and better. Bashing the forums, will never get you anywhere good.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Yes, sorry for that.I didn’t meant to be disrespectful to anyone. I have been a member of envato for 5 years now, and it was a really positive feedback in the beginning, most of my uploaded items got accepted, so I worked harder, Improved my self, created more polished, more professional stock footage, motion graphics and templates, and now the footage’s are pending for months, motion elements are not getting accepted and templates that I uploaded last year, and now improved it, added extras and its getting rejected now.
While on the other part what they reject I upload elsewhere and it brings in sales, so I really dont understand the envato of today, it has changed, and not for the good

1 Like

Can anyone pleas tel me why this project of mine was not accepted? any inputs?
https://youtu.be/qyeTRZwsQ0s