Iframe content doesn't load on ie8 and below...help please

Hi fellas,

I’m kind of stuck here so I’d love to hear you thought on this so place bear with me here.
This is the story:
"Not so long ago a great author here named “Theme Province” has release a great thing called the Item Switcher. Everyone loved it since it was elegant and easy to implant.

This is where I into the picture, I’ve also implanted it on my theme’s demo and it worked great in all browsers except ofcourse IE8 and below. So I Checked with everybody else and no one seems to experience that problem.
Ok, after checking google for solutions and come out empty I thought that maybe it was my old host (justhost.com) so I contact George (aka Theme Province) and he uploaded my theme to his host (MediaTemple) and tested it in ie8 and below and it worked!

So I was happy I found the problem and a few weeks ago a moved to MediaTemple (gs) hosting, uploaded my demos and but for some reason my demos still don’t work on ie8 and below.

Here is a link to a sample demo so you can test it (if you want) on ie8 or ie7: http://wpdemo.bluzgraphics.com/?theme=phenomenon

Any ideas to solve this mystery?! I’m kind of hopeless here… :cry:
Thanks for reading (and hopefully trying to help),
Paz.

Offtopic: Guys please fix the remove frame buttons! Most theme selectors like this have busted close buttons on firefox!

Hi Paz,

This is a wtf moment indeed.

I think the problem lies within your themes as I have just compared the source between my theme switcher code and yours and they are the same.

Maybe it could be to do with meta name tags. It is a long shot but I would try removing all Not Recommended Tags meta tags listed here: http://www.webmarketingnow.com/tips/meta-tags-uncovered.html

This is a real pain and I hope you get it resolved.

duotive said

Offtopic: Guys please fix the remove frame buttons! Most theme selectors like this have busted close buttons on firefox!

The remove frame button is actually just a normal link that has no js code applied to it.

ThemeProvince said
duotive said

The remove frame button is actually just a normal link that has no js code applied to it.

CSS problem, it’s not aligned.

I think the problem is because of the fixHeight function

I’m using this one instead:

function iResize() {
	var height = window.innerHeight || $(window).height(),
		iframe = $('iframe');
	if(window.orientation !== undefined){
		height = iframe.contents().find("html").height();
		$('body').height(height+50);
	}
	iframe.attr("height", height - 50);

}
$(window).bind('load.mod resize.mod', function () {
	iResize();
}).trigger('resize.mod');

Keep in mind that the hard coded 50 should be adopted to your switcher height

@ThemeProvince The remove frame buttons JavaScript is to jump to the current displayed page instead of the first one (read more)

Just confirming that it doesn’t work with IE8.

The theme does show after the iframe is closed.

ThemeProvince said

Hi Paz,

I think the problem lies within your themes as I have just compared the source between my theme switcher code and yours and they are the same.

Maybe it could be to do with meta name tags. It is a long shot but I would try removing all Not Recommended Tags meta tags listed here: http://www.webmarketingnow.com/tips/meta-tags-uncovered.html

But you’ve checked it on your host and it worked remember?

revaxarts said

I think the problem is because of the fixHeight function

I’m using this one instead:

function iResize() {
	var height = window.innerHeight || $(window).height(),
		iframe = $('iframe');
	if(window.orientation !== undefined){
		height = iframe.contents().find("html").height();
		$('body').height(height+50);
	}
	iframe.attr("height", height - 50);

}
$(window).bind('load.mod resize.mod', function () {
	iResize();
}).trigger('resize.mod');

Keep in mind that the hard coded 50 should be adopted to your switcher height

@ThemeProvince The remove frame buttons JavaScript is to jump to the current displayed page instead of the first one (read more)

Thanks i’ll try that.

Bluz said
ThemeProvince said

Hi Paz,

But you’ve checked it on your host and it worked remember?

Ah yes I remember! I’m even more confused now :frowning:

Really strange… I’ve just opened up my virtual machine with IE7. Now, when I click on your link almost instantly get the “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage” error. Now, when I append a “www.” after “http://” I can see your switcher but the contents of the iframe show the same error.

Maybe there is something wrong with your .htaccess?

I’ll power on another vm to check IE6 and 8 and will post here the results.

pogoking said

Really strange… I’ve just opened up my virtual machine with IE7. Now, when I click on your link almost instantly get the “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage” error. Now, when I append a “www.” after “http://” I can see your switcher but the contents of the iframe show the same error.

Maybe there is something wrong with your .htaccess?

I’ll power on another vm to check IE6 and 8 and will post here the results.

Thanks, ie6 doesn’t matter and I’ve didn’t change any of my default htaccess settings cuz I dont know shit about it :slight_smile:

So, it looks exactly the same in IE6, IE8 and IE10 (can’t check IE9 as I don’t have any copy installed ATM).

Does IE9 work for you? What do you see when you open the page in IE8? The same error message as me or do you at least see the switcher?

pogoking said

So, it looks exactly the same in IE6, IE8 and IE10 (can’t check IE9 as I don’t have any copy installed ATM).

Does IE9 work for you? What do you see when you open the page in IE8? The same error message as me or do you at least see the switcher?

IE9 work for me. And ie8 and below just show the switcher.