Idea for search algoritm update

Can anyone think of any potential problems with implementing revenue as a factor in the search placement? (standard music tracks)

+1 It’s good idea!

2 Likes

+1
Great idea!!!

1 Like

I fully support.
It will give an incentive to write really cool tracks and raise the bar for quality.

2 Likes

As long as higher tier licenses are not counted. Someone could have a freak B&F license sale on an otherwise old / dormant / niche track, and according to this logic, would shoot way up the search results. This is not what we want either. It should be based purely on Standard License sales in my opinion.

18 Likes

+1
Super idea!! Fully support!!

1 Like

I think it would fair)

2 Likes

My idea mostly for new items. (to search algorithm that works with most keywords, except popular keywords like “corporate”, “inspiring” and so on). Now at top of the search displayed new items, but among them higher positions got items with more sales. My idea is to add relevance to this new items by their earnings, not sales.
Search algorithm for most popular words (“corporate”, “inspiring”) need another idea and discussion, because today algorithm for this words is different from algorithm for all other keywords.

2 Likes

It’s a great idea!Fully supported!

1 Like

Great idea! Fully supported! !!!

1 Like

This is important!

Fully support this idea! :+1: It makes the most sense given the ADP environment.

1 Like

It should be like this: the number of sales is multiplied by the price of the item. Divided into two. This way we get the sales ratio.

1 Like

Absolutely agree!

1 Like

fully agree!!!

1 Like

+1 This is a great idea! Envato please Do it! Buyers who want cheaper can do the sorting by price! You do not lose anything!

2 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

+1 Great idea!!!

1 Like

I support this idea

1 Like

You know, if the complexity of excluding BF licences became a reason NOT to make this change, would it matter that much if the odd track which got a big BF sale was higher in the SE for a while? It wouldn’t happen that often, particularly if newness/recent earnings were also factors, and the tracks could well deserve the exposure.