I want to use a song as an intro theme for multiple videos.

I want to use a song as an intro theme for multiple videos. Do these different videos each count as one end-product? It is for a YouTube channel, and the song would play at the beginning of each video for that specific genre.

Hello :smiley:

Will the videos be part of a series? If so, you will only need a single license.

For more information see our License FAQ:

Do I need a separate license each time I use an item in a series?
No. You only need to purchase the item once per series.

What constitutes a series (eg TV series, webisodes, or a magazine with monthly editions)?
To be considered a series, all things in the series (eg episode, edition) must be connected, and be released within 1 year of the first installment. There is also a maximum of 52 episodes or editions within the series.

Example: A 12 episode TV series that starts in December and ends in July would only require a single license. A YouTube series that releases an episode every week (52 total) would only need to purchase a license once every year. A magazine that releases an edition every other month would need to purchase a license once every year.

Thanks!

Thanks! How about using an audio file for a logo bumper for my YouTube channel. It will be used online only, however, the usage will exceed the limit you described in your previous answer. Thanks again.

Just buy an extra license, and then you’ve got up to 104 uses a year.

If your channel logo is always the same (ie, you produce it only once, then use it on multiple videos), then the logo is the end product, not the videos. In which case, one license (since one project: the logo) will do.

1 Like