I want to Become UX/UI Designer.

KIndly Help me. I want to become UI/IX designer and try my luck in ThemeForest. Help me by recommended books/ tuts/ guides etc. From where I start.

2 Likes

Google and YouTube are your friends, otherwise Tuts+ is good.

Bear in mind that:

A) you will ave a huge amount of time with a more specific plan of action and goals of what you want to learn as UX/UI is a huge topic

B) this is a premium marketplace for pros and strong amateurs so reaching the necessary standards (properly) is likely to take several months learning at least

3 Likes

Thanks for reply and your suggestion. I am a Trainer since 2008 and having knowledge of PHP , HTML5, CSS3, JQUERY, MYSQL alongwith basic understanding of Photoshop & Illustrator and currently I am learing Adobe XD from youtube.

I have a lot of time and want my self expert in UX/ UI so that I will submit a quality designs to theme-forest also. I want to put myself on the right track towards this goal and need guide the right direction so that I achieved it. Which software/ books needs to learn/ read?

Thanks again for your quality time.

1 Like

Great !
Thanks for your support.
Can you provide the name of software / application need to learn for this.

1 Like

Hey!
As a UI/UX Designer for more than 10 years now, I recommend these steps for you:

Use dribbble best UI/UX designers, as well as best designers on themeforest / envato element as your fuel,
try to copy at the beginning, so you can know the design principles practically, or just search Design principles for UI/UX on youtube and start practicing as it’s fundamental for your right start.

after having enough copying + practicing, try to come up with a one-page design, like a landing page or app design from 1-2 screens

lastly, post your work for feedback, and based on that you will improve by the time :dango:

All the best!

2 Likes

Becoming a UI/UX isn’t just about software, for the UI part you can use Figma, XD, Sketch or even Photoshop but really there’s no need as those other ones I mentioned do the job a lot faster and using PS for UI Design in 2020 is outdated but it can and still done.

UX is about creating the best user experience, I’m graduating a UI/UX design course next week and we were made to do researches, interviews, create personas to understand users’ needs, we created MVP products and recorded the way the navigated our product, we interviewed them again and again each time going back to our UI to make iterations.

UX has a lot of layers, just go to Youtube first, also there’s a book called Universal Methods of Design, and also another one “Don’t make me think”

Goodluck

HI!
Good luck!

Just work and try to find the inspiration on Dribble or Behance!

Then try to play a little in Sketch or Figma!

Good luck!