I think Envato needs to raise the quality of music on Audiojungle.

I think verification of identity is needed, but everything else will cause complications.

Yep, I think the stems idea is excellent

ID verification for authors. It must be as default.

2 Likes

I think you can implement and include in the algorithm the function transpose, which is in every DAW.
What would the robot analyzed this the parameter is also

My suggestion to Envato
You can attach the WAV files with multi-track project. But this is problematic because the multi-track can be very large. From here and a few other options:

1. attach the archive with solo tracks main melodic lines.
  2. to attach an archive with 3 solo tracks basic tools

This may solve the problem of theft
And the screenshots DAW will not solve anything, I think. Screenshots can be faked.

Fingerprinting and ID verification would be a good idea. The rest like:

are pointless ideas, because some people upload their 2-3-5 years old tracks, and it might be that the source files are lost due to some reasons, so it is impossible to present a single stem from a track.Still, this tracks might have great commercial potential. And I do not even tell how complicated would be such process, which might even increase review queue.
So, with that said I guess nobody needs this feature, both Envato, and authors.

1 Like

What can prove screenshot of the project? It can’t be forged? In my opinion this is not a problem for fraudsters

I think Envato sufficient information about their authors, that to engage in business with them

What the problem was for the identified author to upload stolen music? The problem is not the verification author. The problem is that stolen music pass on the market and there is no filter for this. There is no system that identifies vorovannym content

Anyway, I think envato is actively working to address the problem of theft and will soon solve it

You just have to understand that there is no such mechanism which will guarantee you 100% protection, and the piracy is not the biggest problem in which you have to pay attention, actually. The ideas like stems uploading and DAW screenshots are pointless and will not be applied here anyway, simply because it is way too complicated and believe me, it will increase the review queue dramaticly, plus with that said people could only upload their latest stuff, because sometimes, as I said you are not able to provide source files.So their material will be rejected right? :thinking:

Well, i don’t mind to update upload limits to say 2-3 items per week in order to raise quality and achieve better protection from copy-paste spammers.

2 Likes

Actually this is an excellent idea. Probably screenshot is a bit weak for approving, but few seconds video with sound of author production process would be perfect!

Any safeguards have to be simple and not hugely time consuming. Nothing will be 100% effective but I think the following steps would make a real difference:

1. Requirement to upload ID.

Will be biggish one off job in terms of existing authors but not much more so then collecting tax numbers from everyone, which was done without problems. No upload of ID then account disabled, full stop.

2 Email to all authors spelling out the most important rules (e.g. No stolen music, no self purchasing etc.). Requirement to complete form confirming understanding and accceptance of rules.

3 From now onwards if authors blatantly disregard theses rules, account is permanently disabled. Everyone told this in email above.

4 Going forward, all new authors have to go through these steps before they can upload.

Good idea, @StudioKolomna… but. I’m never heart stolen music on aj. Is there any examples?

1 Like

it’s all good, interesting ideas, but do not complicate your life, and especially to young authors, not only that the problem for them at all to upload the track and place it properly (remember yourself), so here Most young authors of earning a penny by today’s standards. But their music is normal.

I have had a few cases among my friends. Naturally thieves accounts blocked thanks to the support of the administration site. I’m sure that my music is present on any accounts, and the music of other authors. Just calculate the thieves is almost impossible.

Not possible without ADP. When big clients look for music they usually go to more prestigious libraries.

I agree. Tackling pirated content on the marketplace should be something Envato should enforce.

1 Like

What is ADP?

Author driven pricing.

That is, when the authors themselves appoint the price?