I recorded this song at 432 Hz and started hallucinating. Well, almost.. ;)

It’s been a while since I first read about the supposed healing, relaxing and other beneficial properties of music tuned to 432 Hz so I finally decided to try it myself.

Here’s the song: http://audiojungle.net/item/inspiring/13670650

And here’s my experience:

The minute I started recording, I felt a strong shift in my consciousness and I fell into a deep trance. Just as I expected.

If it’s not obvious enough, I’m joking. But what I realised is that after days and days of working on this track, I didn’t feel as fatigued as I usually do. I actually felt pretty calm and relaxed… all the time. And that was a surprise. Of course, the song itself is pretty relaxing and I felt inspired from the first second so I can’t say it’s (just) because of 432 Hz, but it was definitely a unique experience. It felt nice. And my guitars felt softer, at least :smiley:

What do you guys think?

I’d like to hear your thoughts and experiences on 432 Hz… and maybe even tracks. I couldn’t really find much on AJ.

Zero comments… :open_mouth: I thought at least a few people would have something to say about 432 Hz

Although this is kind of self promotion I have to agree with you. I feel more relaxed, goosebumps are coming in, great track. AFAIK and I hope I don’t sound too esoteric here, 432 resonates better with nature. 440 is not bad, but there is this slight struggle you can feel with 440 when you compare both.

Yes, many people are saying that and now I’m kinda starting to believe that… But honestly, when I listened to 432 vs. 440 comparisons on youtube, 432 was almost always slightly out of tune and I didn’t like it. People just wouldn’t tune their guitars correctly, so I had to try to do it myself. It was actually one of the main reasons why I recorded this in 432, just to try to do it right. And it really was a struggle when it came to tuning, more than I expected, but I guess it was worth it in the end.

Goddamn hippies :smile:

wikipedia has some good history

Bunch of baloney! Nice track though

I like it - I think I tend to want to hear notes slightly flat from 440 anyway - but from what I understand about fretted instruments, because of things like ideal scale lengths and string tension, isn’t it impossible to achieve perfect intonation on a guitar to begin with? Won’t at least some of the frets always sound slightly sharp?

Here’s some more stuff on 432 Hz for ya :wink:

@FirstNote oh my… this video is very informative… in he’s f**ing sense…

The answer is YES if the listened track affects mood positively or negatively. If you perform a search on Google, you can find many studies according to Alpha/Beta/Theta/Gamma waves and their usage on Depression.

By the way, track is fantastic. Great work, inspiring :slight_smile:

Here comes my good mood song, best of the best…:

If you happened to sleep for a few hours with one song playing at the background and then listen to it after you wake up - you’ll probably notice a difference in your perceiving of this music track and it will just sound ‘different’, like not ‘in tune’ or with different equalization.

Your track sounds very similar to me in that matter, just almost like all other tracks I’ve had this experience with. Maybe something changes in terms of Hz while you’re asleep, I don’t know. This effect comes down after a few days or something. :smile:

Nice track, anyway!

“The recent rediscoveries of the vibratory / oscillatory nature of the universe indicate that this contemporary international concert pitch standard may generate an unhealthy effect or anti-social behavior in the consciousness of human beings … There is a theory that the change from 432 Hz to 440 Hz was dictated by Nazi propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels”

zengardner.com

:speak_no_evil:

You’re right. 440 or 432, it’s impossible to achieve a perfect intonation across the neck (unless you have a True Temperament fretboard), cause the instrument is not perfect. I actually had to tune my guitar for each part I recorded because I thought it sounded a little bit off.

So the solution is: use a Kontakt instrument, like everybody else here hahah

haha this guy is great!

You will of course drive the perfect pitch guys absolutely nuts .

Interesting… You just reminded me of something. I used to have a song set as an alarm melody for a pretty long time… After a while I played that same song in the car and thought that it was playing at half the speed. But it wasn’t. I realised just how different my perception of time was while waking up and during the day.

Thanks for the compliments btw.

No, they will hear that it’s 432 so they will feel like they are in heaven, of course :smiley:

Here you go friends, who can regret more focus :wink:

That’s exactly what I’m talking about here! :wink:

LOL he is, is’t he? Telling it like it is haha…