I produce much faster than AJ reviewing period! :(

Currently making love with my keyboard at the moment…

2 Likes

Strangely, I will not ask you for any details … :smile: :joy::yum:

Where did you read that?

I appreciate your opinion. I think the solution is a balance, and not “longer time = quality”, because we all know how tracks end up usually if it’s not finished in a reasonable time, probably never got finished, (and of course reasonable time is the difference for everyone), although I know you didn’t say (wrote) that. Honestly I think probably everbody is kind of right here because at the end I think everything is just subjective opinion, what might fit me might not fit others, and although as far as I see it now both of us aim for balance, but “balance” can mean different things for each of.us, and that creates the endless arguments between different composers/producers and different composing/producing styles. I think the middle ground would be the “real” balance which wouldn’t feel perfect for any of us, but would be the least bad for each of us. Although for ex. voting or just Envato telling the rules like a boss would might have different outcomes, and I’m interested to see a voting about any kind of AJ stuff, and Envato itself might have a higher votingpower than all the voting authors, of course, Envato IS the boss here, but might be a bit more flexible after a few convincing vote results. I agree with you about the “yesterday it sounded way better”-thing, and I was there too, I think I was a perfectionist, and I had like 200+ unfinished tracks just because of that, and only about 30+ tracks that are finished, which of them at the time I made them I was very proud of, but after 1-2 years later I experience the same thing as you meant “but yesterday it sounded way better”, and it is a neverending thing, so why bother THAT much? I think I’m just OK enough with mixing, but I think in a sense mixing and composing are similar in a sense that there is always something that’s not going to be perfect. In my experience practice makes “perfect” (I would say “better” instead), so that’s why I’m like Quality over Quantity by focusing on Quantity, because Quantity leads to Quality, and if AJ reviewers are approving my stuff, then why should I focus on Quality even more instead of focusing on Quantity? (sorry for the long novel here :))

The most important question!

But unfortunatelly I don’t remember exactly, but it was somewhere here on the official envato sites, I might remember wrong, so please don’t hit me :slight_smile: but I will try to find it, and put a link here, there is a good chance that I just misread or misunderstood something :open_mouth: but this number (50+) stick in my head

You could be right, you never know… but I’ve not heard that before. I’m curious how they’d police it. You don’t upload for a month or two and they kick you out?

if we say 5 tracks per category then this is just fair enough!

Some categories are over saturated, some are not, yet they are always in demand!

AJ is an income source based on chances, if someone wants to go full time (like myself), pay the rent and bills and live (at least) a middle-class lifestyle then we need quantity to get more chances.

Quantity doesn’t necessarily mean a lack of quality, to professionals music is a craft, quality may be challenging at the beginning of the career, but then it becomes a subconscious habit in your production.
As a professional I know If I don’t nail a Corporate Jingle music in 2 days max then I better go sell potatoes!

If I’m making an Epic Cinematic trailer maybe 13 Days are not even enough!
And I do Both easy and complex music! and I am frustrated to wait 13 days (if not more) for both categories!

I think AJ needs to find a solution, maybe hire new people! as long as there is a lack of content in some categories, then It will absolutely worth it!

I’m not giving up on AJ yet, I was frustrated and away for a while but now I’m back and determined to give it a fulltime chance!

2 Likes

Maybe you don´t know (or remember) some time ago the queued reached 33 days.
So if you feel frustrated with 13 days… :joy:

1 Like

33 Days or more, is exactly what I remember around 2 years ago, that’s where I got frustrated and stopped submitting on AJ until now!!

I prepared items for a season! the items were reviewed way after the season ended! :frowning:

It no brainier to want to submit new Christmas tracks, but you can’t because the tracks you submitted for the Halloween has not been reviewed yet… :sweat:

1 Like

No offense, but I never laugh at myself while I’m in trouble, and I consider it as a pretty normal behavior… Oh, I almost forgot the smiley: :smiley:

Do you have a better idea what else could we do, to help Envato solve this problem? This is not the AudioJungle’s authors’ problem only, this is a problem of AudioJungle’s authors and AudioJungle’s customers so Envato’s problem too. It might not be the biggest problem for Envato at this moment, but I would put this in a pretty high place on their to-do list (or “to-solve” list). Let’s help and solve this together! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first, and the only one problem for me in AJ. is the insane quantity of copycats authors.

Right now, the queued time for me is irrelevant.

3 Likes

+1 for your whole comment
and also a +1 for the idea of having (min.) 5 track upload PER CATEGORY!

1 Like

I never had any problem with upload limit because it’s good for the market. Without the upload limit everyone would just flooding the library with full speed and it will be just a race of releasing new stuff everyday to keep your sales on.

Right now the race is already there in corporate category. It’s better to spread the portfolio in different genres. At least it’s worked for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Actually even many different producers sound like eachother’s copycats, but I think I know what you mean. Is there any official AudioJungle rule for doing a copycat track of your own track? If yes, then please let me know the page, because I want to read and learn, although I’ve read a bunch of AJ pages already but the rules and help pages seam endless, and until I read all of them I can’t be 100% sure if I’m doing something wrong or not.

There is a rule for upload limit, and you want to change it because you prefer other ways and you expose your ideas.
Well, there is no a rule for copycats, but, it is honest?..
When somebody just change one note, add one more delay, and change just the bpm is breaking the market in my opinion, and making it less interesting and honest.
When the customers come here to find one song for their projects and they only hear the same track every page, will they return to AJ to buy something else?
I don´t think so.
So, do you prefer to focus on copycats or in the upload limits?
You could upload a lot of tracks, but who is going to buy them?
Who is going to listen them buried by “the same copycat track x100”?

1 Like

You are half-right about that I want to change the rule because of myself,
the other half is that I want to change it to the customers too,
and probably Envato cares most about the customers,
or at least their money for sure, well it’s a business or what :).

You are right about the copycats, I agree with you.

So what can Envato do about them?

If it is NOT illegal in any way (Envato rules, or copyright rules, or whatever rules),
then shouldn’t everybody on AJ just turn into copycat?
I have just 1 copycat experiment on my portfolio, and I don’t mind if they kill me for this, but I wanted to see for myself if they even approve it… AND THEY APPROVED my copycat song,
so now I wanted to see if it get’s at least 1 sale… AND IT GOT 1 sale.

Is this MY FAULT? Or maybe the reviewers’ fault? Or Envato’s fault? And how are they going to solve this? THEY BUILT THIS SYSTEM.

Every single song on my portfolio is made from scratch, or a template (NOT a finished song).
I have only 1 song that I made from another song that previously have been approved, and had 1 sale, so I wanted to see what happens, because YES I haven’t find ANYTHING against this.

And I’m not suggesting the copycat method,
I got used to making my tracks from some template, but I don’t like the idea of making songs from other songs project files, even with fully deleted MIDI, actually this was the first time ever that I made 1 song from my other finished song project file,

ALTHOUGH! Although nobody said to ANY band in the history that they are copycats, just because they are using the same chord progression and the same instruments in their own different songs and maybe even mixed in a very similar style thanks to the mixing engineer who’s job was to mix a bunch of songs to sound similar enough because all are going to the same 1 band’s same 1 album.

So at the end, I don’t promote copycat-ting, but I don’t see what is illegal about it.

I think if Envato would use personal ID identification, it still wouldn’t stop people doing copycating on their Exclusive and Non-Exclusive accounts, OR EVEN THE SAME 1 ACCOUNT if they have just 1.

(PS. Sorry about the “SHOUTING” caps lock thing, next time I won’t do that, because it’s looks like I’m angry or something, which I’m not, but I think “capslocking” helps a little bit to accent some keywords so the whole text will be even easier to understand too, I promise next time I TRY not to capslocking :))

(PS. #2: When doing a job or business… the customer DOESN’T CARE IF A TRACK IS A “COPYCAT-TRACK” OR NOT IF HE/SHE LIKES IT AND WILLING TO BUY IT, this is my honest opinion)

I’ve found the link (of the min. 50+ upload per month to Photodune)

I see that PhotoDune works differently from the other Envato marketplaces, but I haven’t read every single thing there, because that would require me to go down the rabbit hole of clicking on the blue-link-words in the text itself, and it would take hours to understand and read everything, I’m not making my time for that for now :), maybe in sometime in the next few days or so.

Sometimes I have the same problem, but I have to wait :confused: Good luck mate !

This is not specifically addressing the author of this thread…

Honestly, upload limits are necessary for the market because it is grossly over saturated and has been for years. Take your time and compose quality tracks. Fast does not equal good and taking your time will nearly always produces better tracks. You don’t make more money by posting track after track of mediocre music. You just expend more energy and clog up the search engine for everyone with songs that probably won’t sell. AJ is doing a lot of hard rejects now, so it’s possible that many average tracks will be rejected anyway.

If you look at the top selling authors, check how many songs they have here after several years and how many of their songs are actually doing well versus the number that sit doing nothing or have far fewer sales. The current top seller has 94 songs after five years. That’s less than 2 songs a month. There have been 44,137 sales and his top five songs account for 55.3% of them with 24,430 sales. Moving to his top ten accounts for 35,559, or 80.6% of his sales. In short, 10.6% of his songs have accounted for 80.6% of his income. However, I would not interpret that as meaning he should crank out songs at a higher rate to make more money. I would say that means he would likely make even more by taking the time to craft future songs that match or beat the quality and level of usability of those ten.

While having more songs means more opportunities to be heard, that mainly applies if all you do is post and hope people can find you in a search engine without driving people to your author page with external marketing you do on your own. It also helps to get featured because a lot of featured authors end up having the featured song make the top seller chart, and things can take off from there. Being on the top seller chart is probably the biggest boost anyone can ask for. But… it is a myth that you need tons of songs to make money.

3 Likes

I never said it´s illegal be a copycat, just i said for me isn´t honest.

Reading, i take two things from you.

You see unfair the upload limit, there is a rule about it, you want to change this rule.
You see fair copycats, because there is no rules. You don´t want to change this rule.
The sytem is built around the upload limit too.

You want to change some rules, and i want to change others.

PD; I have around 20 finished tracks right now, but i don´t want to change the upload limits, i prefer to think aobut this that i got future work done and i can rest for some days and try to explore some new ideas calmly.

PD2: I could show some portfolios with the same track, not even the same template, i´m talking about that the 90% of those tracks just change ONE note in the arpeggio, ONE bpm, and ONE note in the piano melody.