I need volunteers!

Hello everyone!

Here is my story: I am a student currently studying at De La Salle University, and I own a small web hosting service for Students. The service is another cheap hosting solution but is targeted at students only (you need an EDU domain to qualify :slight_smile:)

Web Hosting is required by many of our courses. Any since many students do not have access to a Credit Card, they cannot go for the awesome web hosting services like HostGator, InMotion, BlueHost and so on. Instead they go for services provided locally that would usually rip them off by charging as much as 25$ a month for as low as 1G space, and without proper maintenance of the servers (causing many of my friends to loose their class files)

Anyways, Since this is an all student service I would like to make the best of it, I would like to add tutorials, guides, and a lot more into this service. The hosting part of this service is going well.

I would like volunteers who would be willing to donate an article on any of the following topics:

• HTML
  • CSS
  • JavaScript
  • jQuery
  • PHP
  • Wordpress
  • SEO

Also these topics are already available on the internet, It would be helpful if high quality are readily available on the site too.

If anyone is willing to Volunteer, you can contact me through my Profile: http://themeforest.net/user/uziiuzair
(I rather not put my email here, hahaha)

Before contacting me, Please note that this is NOT a job offer. Also, This is only Volunteer work, I wish I could pay per article, but I can’t :frowning: Think about how many students you would be helping :joy:

Anyways, Hope many of you volunteer! Let’s make this the best Student Service out there! :smiley:

By the way, The service is College Host found here: [link removed] (Forgot there were rules on links. You can contact me for the link to the website! :smiley: )

To add on my request, I’m looking for short tutorials that help in certain tasks.
Like:

• add parallax background
  • basics of html
  • use jquery page transitions
  • make a neat contact form with php Mail function

Credits will be given to respectable authors.
I will also promote their works in my newsletters moving forward.

Google is your friend, why don’t you use it? There’re lots of articles about what you need, if you know how to search

What he wants is a unique content, to get indexed better in Google.

Actually its more like what @uluxaesthetics said, I want unique content. Of course, I can just link people up to Tuts+ with their great collection of articles and tutorials. But do you think that is professional? :slight_smile:

My aim is to provide a simple go to hub for all students in the field of Web Development and Design.
I will be writing articles too, but it wouldn’t be possible for me to cover every topic. There are things that I too do not know yet. :slight_smile:

Any help is appreciated!

Unique entries for free (volunteering) wouldn’t be easy to find.Good luck with that.

Yes, it would not. But I gotta try :slight_smile:

Basically, you don’t need articles, you need to power-up your websites SEO. That’s the problem. You may need to hire people for that even it’s for students

Actually it’s not all about SEO :slight_smile:

My website is doing pretty well. I am simply expanding it, The Articles would go on a subdomain tuts.example.com (not real domain) This will simply be an extention to my Web Hosting platform.

Anyway, good luck!

WPMU Dev… has some great tutorials