I Need informationa bout buying a few templates with their music and using them on an internationaly broadcast TV show

I work for a production company and we would like to use different templates and their music as transitions during our show that will be broadcast on a couple of international channels.
I would like to know, if we need to buy the templates as many times as the show will be broadcast ( As in for a weekly show, we have to pay the template 4 times), and are the music rights included or do we need to pay something extra for using the music. And finally if the show is sold to another production in another country, how do the copyrights work. Does the company just need to pay for the licence at every broadcast?

Thank you for helping me understand how this works !

Hello,

A single license allows you to use an item in one video. Regardless of how many times it is being broadcast. Rather, you need a new license for each time you produce a new video.

So if you have four different videos, you would need four licenses and then those videos could be broadcast unlimited times.

If your videos are episodes of a series, then the series policy allows you to use a single license for up to 52 episodes (or a year, whichever comes first).

In any case, music rights are almost never included. Typically, music is from another author and is not included in the video template. You would need to buy the music separately on Audiojungle. There you have the option to choose between 5 licenses, including three broadcast licenses. For your international TV show, you want to choose the “Music Broadcast and Film” license.

As for your last question, if the show is sold as is, then technically it’s still the same end product, and the license should still hold. If there are modifications resulting on a new video and thus considered a new end-product as such, then a new license may be required.

Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like