I need a WordPress web template to invite award entries for a charity

Hi - I’m looking for a straightforward WordPress website template that will allow me to showcase 12 charity awards with criteria and invite online entries. It must have an entry form that I can adapt to include some specific questions that entrants must answer (with reasonable word limits). I’d also like to be able to feature details of the awards ceremony and invite ticket sales (via a link to Eventbrite, probably). I’m not a web designer but my current skill level is populating and managing a Colourmag-themed website! Many thanks.

As long as you do not need the entries to appear automatically online, there is nothing to prevent you to use any of the WordPress themes in generally.

showcase 12 charity awards with criteria

You can build any kind of pages needed - no special needs…

entry form that I can adapt to include some specific questions that entrants must answer

nearly any form builder plugins would do the job even with word limits (either paid or free)

to feature details of the awards ceremony

You can build any kind of pages needed - no special needs…

invite ticket sales (via a link to Eventbrite, probably)

depending on your choice of ticketing

In your case first I would decide what to focus on - ticketing, showcase charity or online entries or events, etc.

Even if it sounds strange, it can happen that it is not a special charity theme you need but rather an event theme focusing on ticketing or you might happen to need a theme with a form builder plugin bundled. Or you can focus on a charity and donation theme…

If you want to build this kind of website on your own and you do not want to hire a developer then you just have to put more work into it and you have to decide what to focus on on the first place and build the website based on that part. Additionally you might need to use additional plugins.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

Hi Kriszta, that’s really helpful. Many thanks for the response. I’ve had a look at some form-builder plug-ins and I’m sure I can make it work for me. I’m going to have a go at building the website myself to develop my skills but I might be back on if I get stuck…! Thanks again. Your help is much appreciated.

Wow, have great fun! You are welcome!