I made a Synth!!

I’ve been getting my head around Max/MSP recently, and finally completed this subtractive synthesiser for one of my university projects!

It’s far from perfect, and still needs a lot of work. But overall it’s been a great experience and I recommend it to anyone who’s into sound design to give it a go at making something on Max! It helped me understand some of the basic principles that make a synthesiser work, which can only be a good thing if your into using them!

6 Likes

Cool! I wish I was smart enough to build things like this in Max/MSP and Reaktor :slight_smile:
Keep up good work! I believe, the future of music is hiding somewhere there in Max. :wink:

Thanks man! It’s not that bad, you’ve just gotta start of with simple objects and work your way to the harder stuff. Thinking of making this a free download with m4l for any ableton users once it’s finished :slight_smile:

That would be great! :slight_smile: I’m big fan of m4l devices.

1 Like

That is a very nice accomplishment MBP. Good for you to dive into the basics of Synths and sonic sculpting. I picked up a few things playing around with knobs and sliders of my subtractive analog synths over the years. However, to build something from objects has to be pretty rewarding and enlightening I’m sure. :slight_smile:

Thanks! It’s something I probably wouldn’t have got round to doing if it wasn’t for uni, but deffinately worth it !

1 Like

Great effort. I can see from you work u are capable of producing professional stuff. Best of luck mate.

Hey, that’s awesome! Great job. And I love the name :smile:

Thanks man!

haha thanks man, credit goes to my girlfriend on the name :slight_smile:

Congrats! thanks for sharing :smiley: That detuned saw tho :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem! Yeah that’s my favorite part of the synth :slight_smile: