I Inherited a Wordpress theme

So I inherited a website. Basically a good friend of mine asked me if I could change some content on his WordPress site that was outdated. The guy that he paid to originally develop the site has fallen of the planet and can not be found. First I will start off by saying that I am not a website builder. I am a network engineer, and know enough to really be dangerous.

So when I started editing I noticed that the theme I was working on was custom build by this guy. Further research leads me to this site.

So here is my issue. I’m able to add new media to WordPress, but when I ether try to edit the header slider background or create thumbnails for the slider in the theme, nothing gets updated.

I was also able to delete the header background image, but it still wont let me insert a new even thought there is an insert option and it lets me pick and choose pictures.

This is what I found about this Theme.
/*
Theme Name: Reinecker
Theme URI:
Description:
Author: Website Rescue
Author URI:
Version: 1
License: Envato
License URI: http://themeforest.net/licenses/regular_extended
Tags: blue, brown, green, pink, white, light, one-column, two-columns, three-columns, four-columns, left-sidebar, right-sidebar, flexible-width, custom-background, custom-colors, custom-header, custom-menu, featured-image-header, featured-images, full-width-template, post-formats, theme-options, threaded-comments, translation-ready
*/

Any help on the inserting of photos to the header and thumbnail would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately there is no theme by that name for sale on TF and as there are numerous reasons that could be causing your problem from missing updates, to compatibility, errors in the code and more it would be impossible for anyone to advise.

Your best option is to visit www.studio.envato.com and hire a freelancer to investigate and try to find a resolution

Yes I know the theme name is incorrect. It actually the last name of my friend.

It has the Sintia slider if that helps out any. A quick search on google gives me this:

https://themeforest.net/item/sintia-responsive-for-business-portfolio-/3163493

And this is what his site looks like.

Based on the fact that it’s no longer available it’s almost certainly that the theme or plugins are not compatible with newer versions of WordPress or similar, however without proper investigation, knowing exactly what updates or modifications had been made etc. it will be very difficult for anyone to give a solution

Charlie, So the best option would be to update his Wordpress and look for a different theme?

Any good recommendations for exporting the content?

It’s always best to be up to date with everything but if an item is fully removed then that would raise alarm bells, and even if you find a fix to this problem ( to be fair doesn’t sound like a massively complex problem) then there is likely to be more in the future.

A new purchase will mean up to date files, 6 months support etc.

In terms of recommendations - there are tons of great authors out there. Again, it’s very hard to make recommendations without a lot more info. Bear in mind that depending on how the thee is built, what changes have been made, what content exists it is unlikely to be a 100% fluid transition so it might be worth taking the time to revise the site, the content and how it is delivered

1 Like