I have received the Soft Rejected because of the warnings in Redux and WordPress importer.

Hello guys. I received Soft Rejected and one item in the review checklist:

What should I do to make my theme accepted?

Is there anybody who had a similar problem? I appreciate any help. + 10 points to your karma:)

We had the similar problem and had to remove the Redux from our framework. Now Redux comes as a plugin.

Do we need to remove everything from our framework and put it into plugins?

What about this code?:

REQUIRED: functions.php. Themes should use add_theme_page() for adding admin pages.
Line 95: add_submenu_page( ‘themes.php’, __(‘Install Templates’, 'atrium_theme_core’
REQUIRED: framework.php. Themes should use add_theme_page() for adding admin pages.
Line 1358: $this->page = add_menu_page(
REQUIRED: framework.php. Themes should use add_theme_page() for adding admin pages.
Line 1281: // wrappers and need to be appened to using add_submenu_page.
Line 1331: $this->page = add_submenu_page(
Line 1390: add_submenu_page(
REQUIRED: class-welcome-screen.php. Themes should use add_theme_page() for adding admin pages.
Line 33: $menu_page_creation_method = ‘add_menu_page’;
REQUIRED: class-tgm-plugin-activation.php. Themes should use add_theme_page() for adding admin pages.
Line 621: $this->page_hook = call_user_func( ‘add_submenu_page’, $args[‘parent_slug’], $args[‘page_title’], $args['menu_t

Its better to include redux as plugin as even if you fix above ( yes, those needs to be fixed ), you will get next soft reject for its ads, dashboard widgets etc.

You can search forum for more details about all possible soft reject reasons for redux and importer.
Discussed quite few times earlier.

Now a days ( at least from my experience ) theme-check should have 0 errors, even those are for redux / importer / tgm etc.
Check info generated by themecheck too.

1 Like