I have a problem with Envato's marketing tactics

I have a serious problem with Envato’s marketing tactics. Yesterday while searching for a template on Themeforest, a pop-up appeared on top of my screen prompting me to Go Unlimited for $16.50p/m. The promo promised unlimited Wordpress theme downloads amongst other things when I clicked it turned out the amount is actually $198 because the monthly fee is billed annually.
I bought the subscription thinking that I would be able to download the template I was looking and now it turns out that the template I was looking for is not available on Envato elements. Now I paid $198 for a service I don’t need, I bought the subscription under the impression that I would be able to download the template I was looking for. I sent Envato two support emails requesting my refund so that I can buy the template I was looking for and I have not received any response from them.

$198 is a lot of money for a service I don’t need, my project has now come to a halt. Please resolve this matter asap, so that I can buy the template I need and continue with my project. Also you Go Unlimited promo is misrepresentative, you need to consider how you display the promo and change the wording of the promo.

Hi

As you already opened support ticket, support team will reply you as quickly they can. Support team will reply all open ticket one by one and for a large number of queue ticket it can be some late to reply. Please keep patience you will receive reply soon and support team will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

1 Like