I got problem in envato market API and themeforest product usage

I purchased a wordpress theme product from envato theme market and use it ONLY on 1 domain. Just out of a sudden, it reported that I cannot use my site and I need to purchase a new license because the envato token had been used for 3 times. Again, I’m not using the token elsewhere, i just use it on ONE SINGLE domain. I never use the theme on other domains, however, since I’m not a techie and not familiar with the token generation, I’m not sure if i repeat deleting the token may cause the problem. I try to reach your support but don’t know how to access your supporting team for advice. I need my site back in urgent! what should i do

Hi,

You can create your api key from here

How to get an API Key

What is an API Key? An API Key is a security token that you can use to authenticate with our API. It is a secret, like a password, that should be protected. You can create more than one token. You …

Follow these steps to fetch your API Key:

1. Go to https://build.envato.com/create-token/ .
  2. Choose a token name.
  3. In the permissions list below, make sure to check ‘View and search Envato sites’ and ‘View your Envato Account username’.
  4. Then, click Create Token .

Thanks!

Hi !
I created a new API key for my plugin. But I get alwas this error text: Aktualisierung fehlgeschlagen: Error! Envato API error.
I use the newest woocommerce and wordpress installation.
what could be wrong?
bye, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, we can’t tell what’s wrong just from that message. It looks like the item you’re using is having trouble with the API, but without a more detailed error message from them, we can’t tell.

Your best bet will be to contact the author of your item for support.

1 Like