I don't understand how my things are getting rejected

I seriously sit down and compare to some of the REALLY bad tracks I’ve found on audio jungle and I don’t understand how some of them even got on here. Is there some backdoor I don’t know about?

Maybe you need to compare to the good tracks…

6 Likes

It gets harder all the time obviously as new artists keep coming in. You can’t really compare the current standard to even 2014.

Maybe your music is too good? :wink:

2 Likes

The only fair comparison you can make is with songs that are uploaded right now.
The songs of a few years ago tend to be lesser in quality, but good enough for sales.

Can we hear some of your rejected work btw? It can help if some of us can have a go at them (good or bad!).

Would like to hear REALLY good tracks from you :wink: So please share your soundcloud link may be?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the whole point of having a backdoor: that you don’t know about it :grin:
But seriously: share a link please.

1 Like

Hey all!

I’m not the guy who started this topic, but I’m new here and am also getting the majority of my tracks rejected. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I really don’t and could use some guidance.

You guys seem willing to listen to some rejected tracks here, so maybe you could give me some pointers.

Here’s my most recent rejection:

https://soundcloud.com/user965739570/smooth-keys/s-Jbz1k

I don’t know, all I can say is that I like it and I was disappointed when it got rejected.

When you submit your tracks, leave a note to a reviewer with a 10 to 15 dollars tip. That is usually how most of us get our tracks accepted.

1 Like

@paulmodarn As someone with experience as a previous reviewer I imagine that the reason your track got rejected is largely because of the inclusion and execution of the “popcorn” sounds around 0:50. Whenever they’re used (particularly towards the end of the track) they are a little random and displeasing to digest and listen to. The track as a whole does not sound cohesive or pleasing enough as an RF track so it lacks overall utility. The reviewers may have also felt that the mastering could have been improved and/or that the track just sounded a little dated with the combination of electric piano + percussion. Just my personal thoughts that I hope help you, I don’t share this feedback in any official capacity.

Also, randomly, and I hope you don’t mind saying this (and this is not related to why your track was rejected btw), I couldn’t help thinking that your track was a lounge version of this song! :wink:

My advice to you? Don’t give up and don’t take rejection personally. Work on a brand new project and get it approved and move on. :thumbsup:

“The biggest hurdle is rejection. Any business you start, be ready for it. The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is the successful people do all the things the unsuccessful people don’t want to do. When 10 doors are slammed in your face, go to door number 11 enthusiastically, with a smile on your face.” - John Paul DeJoria

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! I definitely see what you mean with the random mallety sounds. I guess that’s what you get if you use the “random” setting on an arpeggiator.

Anyway, so what you’re saying is I could have maybe sold this track to Nelly in 2002? Haha :smile:

Yeah, I’m gonna keep trying. I want to get to a point where there’s a balance between what I like/what I can do and what might actually be useful to people.

Thanks again, super useful comments!

1 Like

i love that man.

1 Like

didn’t even think of it that way.

btw I’ve actually listened to lots of your work before and I love it, keep it up!

1 Like

Hi DylanLocke. Its nice about backdoor :grinning: maybe you have rejects because of genre or track lenth. or vocals if you have them