I can't install my wp theme for learnpress

I just bought a wordpress theme for learndash LMS and I am not able to install it. I get an error message. It says unpacking and then says can’t upload.

Please Help

What is the actual error message? Missing stylesheet?

Hi there. I thought that it was just me…
The error message is :Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.

Plugin installation failed.

It sounds like you are trying to install the entire download (documentation and more) rather than just the plugin itself?

Hmm, are you wanting to install a theme or a plugin? Because the error you’re getting suggests that you’re trying to upload a plugin, not a theme. For a theme, make sure you’re uploading to Appearance > Themes in your dashboard.

Otherwise, what @charlie4282 said! :point_up_2:

1 Like

ok. thank you so much. I may be back…

If I upload the theme will it affect my whole website. I have a website that is for business and adding on a learnpress course. But I don’t want to change my whole site, just the LMS .

Thanks

Now I got the missing the style sheet…When adding to appearance.

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme installation failed.

Follow these guidelines: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821510-Theme-is-missing-the-style-css-stylesheet-error

1 Like

Yes, WordPress themes are applied to your entire website, so it’s only possible to have one active theme. There are some free plugins out there which allow you to activate multiple themes at once, but it’s still limited to only one theme per page, and everything will be affected including your header/footer and navigation.

If you need the themes to be different, I’d personally suggest separating the LMS from your main website (into two different WordPress installs or subdomains) and linking between them. Alternatively, you could hire a web designer (e.g. from Envato Studio) to combine the themes together in the way you want.

1 Like

Thank You. I will do that . Does it need to be another wordpress website or any.

The process will vary depending on how your website is hosted - who is your web hosting company?

If you have a shared hosting account (like GoDaddy’s web hosting), you can set up a subdomain (for example “lms.yourwebsite.org”) with a new WordPress website, but you can typically use the same web hosting plan for this. Your web host’s support team should be able to help you set this up.

If you have dedicated WordPress hosting (such as wordpress.com), you can talk with their support team about your options but you may need to set up a new account with them.

Thanks so much, I will check with them. It is hosting with wordpress.

Thanks, but I get an error message when I try to install it.

please can you share the screenshots of the error you are getting when try to install the theme.