I cannot belive what just happened to me

It happened to me on an older version a few years ago. I’m not an expert in IT but i managed to recover some things from the project with the hex corrupted file editor; what i did: i opened with the program a good file project and in another instance of the same program the corrupt project, after that i started editing so as the corrupted version look more alike as the good project. Search more on this and you’ll figure it out. I recovered about 70% of the corrupted file this way.
Best of luck

1 Like

It’s sad and I guess it happened with every single FL-user once in a lifetime.
I’m not sure if you can restore that FLP. The only thing I can advice - is to update your FL to 10.0.9 version at least, I would recommend you 12-th version. It’s all about backup function. I’m not sure, but I think backup function works only on versions of FL older than 9-th. Then you better work with Zipped loop file, but not with FLP.

Also I think @Enrize gave you a good idea. Try to contact Image line.
Good luck.

1 Like

See if FL has “safe mode” as Reaper or Sonar where you load project but with disabled plugins than enable plugins one by one and see which one (if any) is making the trouble.

1 Like

I think your right…sounds like a plug in, probably an instrument rather than effect. I have had similar problems with out of date vst’s in Cubase before.
As a suggestion, if you think you might have an idea on what the offending vst is, i would try removing the dll file from the daw’s vst folder and carefully save it in a separate new folder that you have created for this purpose. In Cubase the project will load and you simply get a message saying “missing VST” but the project will load. Not sure about this in Fl studio but must be worth a go. If you solve the issue or it’s not that particular vst, just simply drag the dll file back to it’s original location. You could always create a dummy project for this before trying it out on saved projects.
As a pointer…have a look at NI stuff (Kontakt etc) also im wondering if the pc is having ram issues or just with that project.
Just a thought hope it helps.

1 Like

That is exactly what im suspecting in…Most bugged is Kontakt, i had problems with it alot of times…And i will check for it.I used 5-6 libraries in the song so i will try moving away kontakt from FL and try out.

What version of Kontakt are you using…is it 4? If it is Kontakt and you can open the project, i would just try saving the kontakt files as midi versions…also try to identify the offending library by disabling all versions of Kontakt, drag the dll file back to it’s original location and open the project. Reload libraries one by one until you find the one with the bug. Remember to save as new projects because they will crash again.

The reason i’ve suggested kontakt and the older Ni stuff is because that’s exactly what i’ve experienced problems with in the past.

Hope you get it sorted.

1 Like

I got Kontakt 5 and it’s bugged as prev. versions…I still trying but no success.

I use FL 12 and ever got this problem once, but I can see the previous version of autosave on the FL File. So it helped me even it didn’t save at the last point I made.

1 Like

This happened to me during a university media assignment. Two weeks of work. Gone.

Sending good vibes. Hopeful you can salvage the files!

1 Like

It is very sad. :confused: I’m working in FL too. And before opening the project I always save a copy of it to my special backup folder. So I can lost a 1 day of work at worst.

But sometimes the option “Revert to last backup” save me.

1 Like

Hi MegaMusic,

I’m not familiar with FL and I run a Mac since a long time, but there’s a basic tip you can try:
move all your .dll from VST folder to a new folder on the desk and try to open your project, if it works you get a message “XX plugins are missing”, then replace your .dll one by one to find which one fails.

I can’t believe there’s no autobackup function, it’s a total nonsense!
Now you just have to use “Save As” every 5 min… :wink:

good luck mate

You could also update the topic title from “just” to “yesterday” :slight_smile:

Guys i have resolved the problem!
It was so easy to do it! I found topic on some forum where only one thing can help you with older version of FL Studio…
There is a trash bin folder and it saves lastest projects there…I think it saves only “problematic” projects, so you can recover it…I couldn’t belive, i just clicked it and i recovered whole project! :smiley:
Im very happy after long night haha
Thank you guys for your support, i hope this never happen again and to anyone but if someone have a similar problem, here is the solution for it…So simple and so stupid :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Great stuff! Happy for you :slight_smile: Now don’t forget to update for that autosave function! It can save you a lot of trouble!

1 Like

Unfortunatly, autosave is not avaliable for my version :frowning:
And there is no patch to make up such thing.

Happy for you dude !!! It’s sounds unbelievable that FL studio dosen’t have auto save funtion ! That option is a MUST HAVE in that kind of software ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you resolved it man! File issues are so stressful!

1 Like

@Echobrainz : Yes, it’s true…Only versions from 9.6 have autosave option…The patch im using doesn’t have that and for me, it’s best and easiest to use…Maybe im making a misstake because im not going on new version, but currently this one is the best for me.
@MorningLightMusic : Thank you! Producers know the best haha

Fruity loops offers lifetime updates if you have a license … if is a pirated software shame on you :smiley: if not upgrade fruity loops so that you have the autosave option

Sorry for your problem, I don’t wish this to anyone!

It’s about that i dont want to upgrade :slight_smile: I love FL 9 and i don’t want to change it…There are some things that you dont want to change :slight_smile: