I can use the js script under the license gpl 3 in the html template?

Hello. Before I wrote, I searched on forum, but did not find anything.

I create an HTML template and I would like to use these 2 js plugins:

They are under gpl 3, but have a license for commercial use. GPL 3 states that you can sell copies of the program used in another program with open source. So I can use these 2 plug-ins under a free license for sell on theme forest?

If there is a commercial license the younwould almost certainly need to have that.

If in doubt ask Envato support

1 Like

What would be the point of commercial license if you could use it for free for commercial products? I mean, this is just a common sense.

Hi, I’m just confused with these licenses. Did I understand correctly the license that I can use plug-ins under gpl 3 in my HTML template and sell this template on themeforest. But I can not use these plug-ins on the site, for example, for the entrance to which a fee is required?

From the Isotope Github:

Commercial license

If you want to use Isotope to develop commercial sites, themes, projects, and applications, the Commercial license is the appropriate license. With this option, your source code is kept proprietary. Purchase an Isotope Commercial License at isotope.metafizzy.co

From WOW Github:

Commercial license

If you want to use WOW.js to develop commercial sites, themes, projects, and applications, the Commercial license is the appropriate license. With this option, your source code is kept proprietary. Purchase a WOW.js Commercial License at uplabs.com/posts/wow-js-commercial

What exactly is not clear about this?

Sorry, maybe I’m brake. Just tell me, you have more experience with this. Do I need to buy commercial licenses to use these plug-ins for sell on ThemeForest?

YES you do!

1 Like