i am confused today... Turn off or ON for six month support?

Thanks. But it’s still not resolved. I’m making now just $21.44 per sale instead of $34.30. Hopefully that other thread will eventually shed some light on the mystery.

Previously you would have been:

$47.20 (item) - $5.90 (author fee) = $41.30 earnings

Now with support it is exactly the same just more parts make up the cost:

$29.50 (item) + $17.70 (included support) = $47.20
$3.69 (item author fee) + $2.21 (included support author fee) = $5.90

$47.20 - $5.90 = $41.30 earnings, same as before :smiley:

Hope that helps clear things up.

Hi BuchmannDesign, please check the image below…:
Is this NOT THE CASE?

Let’s assume you have 1500 in your account. And suddenly you've made a sale. Doesn't it read 1534 ??

(It should be the case, else it means you have a problem)

In my case it would be $1521.44. In another thread most people, including an Envato developer says I’m making the same, but I’m clearly not.

@BuchmannDesign Post a screenshot of your statement amount if you need help with the calculations.

WHAT?
Sorry for this, friends. There MUST BE absolutely an error, then.
It should be fixed immediately.

Thanks so much. Here is a sample. The sale price for the item is $49.00. Please explain how I only make $21.44 if my commission is the full 70%.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM HERE

Grab out a calculator. Type in those numbers in reverse.

24.50 + 14.70 - 3.06 - 1.84

= $34.30

which is 70% of $49.00

everything is good here.

just ignore the 4 separate lines in the statement and treat them as a single line. In a few weeks the statement will receive an update to make the information display nicer.

For more details about how the price is calculated please see this page: http://themeforest.net/become_an_author

1 Like

So I should make $34.30 from this sale, right? I’m not… I’m making exactly $21.44 from every sale. Doing the math, it looks like the 6 months included support price isn’t coming to me. What do you think?

Sorry @samedelman for hijacking your post!

I agree, @BuchmannDesign you should get $34.30 per sale from that item.

I’m also confused whether buyer has purchased support paying extra $14.70 or not(i mean additional 6 months support). Statement is now messy :frowning:

I think if a buyer purchases extra 6 months (for total of 12 months) of support then that would be another line item in the statement.

So it looks like this is a bug, but for only a select few. I’ll be furious if Envato doesn’t go back and reimburse me for the missing earnings…

My statement. All Calculations are OK if buyer has not purchased support. I get 64%.

So for you, $31.36 is what gets added to your account, and not a lot less? (like what is happening to me?)

@BuchmannDesign Yes

Ok, thanks. This is so frustrating how most replies say “there is no problem, you are making the same” when clearly this isn’t the case.

@BuchmannDesign It shows your earning is same before, but not.

Because buyers have the option to refund support, so if some one refund only the support the amount $14.70 will be deducted from your account.

So, now your earning is only $24.50 for that sale.

But while support is turned off your earning is 34.30(no chance for any deduction unless a sale reversal) Right?

I am still confused, but without support we can’t do successful sales here thanks @dtbaker

But at that same time i have another proposal,

why don’t provide the installation service with cost based?, support for 6 month only provided if i installed the theme or plugin on a buyer site. ?

Please let me know your thoughts :smile:

sam

I’m not getting the money in the “6 months included support” immediately with a sale. The customer is not buying and then refunding the support later.

Check this out… it shows more clearly what I’m actually making:

In my balance, I am literally just making $21.44. Before Sept 1, I was making $34.30 for each sale (for a $49 theme).

Hi @BuchmannDesign after speaking with our help team super star @Briany it appears your issue was around the recently resolved bug in “This week’s stats” on the Author Dashboard incorrectly reporting the earnings amount (it was not including the earning from support).

Edit: Reference to thread detailing the bug: Bug on Dashboard in Weekly Sales Stats

1 Like

If an author decided to gave out support from comment or profile message, it is still allowed right?

She is a super star with super quick support! Together we figured out that the problem was is the “This Weeks Stats” section. Shortly after we realized this, the bug got fixed. All is good now, thanks! :slight_smile: