I am a buyer why cant i decide which domain to run a package for something I paid for

I bought a license of a product which i was running on a domain but I am changing the domain name and disabling old domain seller can also verify the old domain as not used. But why should i buy a support license to chnage my domain as I wish. I am not asking multiple license but changing my domain for this seller is asking me to buy a license can codecanyon justify this.

1 Like

There are a few reasons why a buyer may not be able to decide which domain to run a package for something they paid for. One reason could be that the buyer is not familiar with the different domains and is not sure which one would be best for their needs. Another reason could be that the buyer is not familiar with the package and is not sure which domain it would work best in. Lastly, the buyer may not have enough information about the package to make an informed decision.

@jamessmith424765 I am the buyer and i bought the package for a domain which i no longer want to use and I have rights to change it to a new domain but why is the seller asking to buy a support license to change the domain. I am not asking him to support on installation or technical part this is pure billing part for which seller is pushing me to buy another license.

Guys, you can obviously change the domain. The licensing terms only state that the use is limited to a single domain.

The reason they are asking for support extension is because you have run out of support. Initial support is for 6 months, then you need to extend this by purchasing support again. I don’t force this on my customers but most authors will and they rightly should, so extend support if that is what they are asking. It’s a fair request.

If you are within the support period, contact the author and tell them of the change, that is if they did not supply with the means to make this change yourself.