Hypothesis-driven testing on Envato Market: Item Page tests

Just checked your item and it looks ok for me - there is a collection button.
I don’t know why you don’t see that button, maybe it has something to do with some browser add-on.

Thank you!!! I’ve cheked it on tablet and it’s work! There is no buttons on iphone safari and desktop Opera. Desktop Chrome also ok.

2 Likes

Guys, they are testing with different versions. Obviosuly, there is one version with the collection button removed completely.

While I don’t know why they hate collections and usability so much, it does not make sense to tell other people that you are having a collection button.

If you want to use collections and you are seeing a version with no button, all you can do is switch browser or devices. Or wait till the test is over.

I don’t want to panic but a very unusual problem is happening I think only for some items (or authors).

Our sales are predictable every month but in the last 4 days, our sales dropped by 70%.

Besides this, what is very interesting too:

• Most of our sales come from the US and Germany, what is super weird is that we haven’t sold an item in the US for 4 days.

• Our old themes are sold as usual, but our most selling theme is only selling 3-4 times a day, and this is super unusual and never happened to us since we have published that theme.

• When we look at GA, visits are the same as always.

I’m hoping that this happens as a result of any Envato test and it would be great if we as authors have an explanation for this.

Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

The same with my items. Please stop this, since it might ruin my business!

Item Traffic dropped by 30-40% comparing to the April 2020, April 2019.

If you test something, please don’t forget to boost our items as well.

1 Like

Yeah, sales took a massive hit for us as well after the experiment started… I’m a very strong believer of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. The pages were great.

They needed a facelift of the UI elements to look more modern, but the marketplaces are absolutely perfect as they are. Our analytics (and others as well) as showing massive drops. Any news on when these hypothesis will conclude?

No one likes going to a shop and seeing everything moved around every couple of days, especially since you need to hard refresh not to see the market broken after each experiment change goes live… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Good luck

Please don’t upload your new work until this problem of low sales is fixed. Your effort and item will go down the drain. Still wondering why they are not fixing this issue when all authors having problem. Well said @Enabled “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

Is this a way of closing down the market and just focussing on Elements? Either way there is no loyalty from Authors if this continues to create loss of Author income.

Hello.
Sorry for stupid question but were is button to add any theme on favorite or collection, after redesign themeforest cant find button ?

2 Likes

see my last post:

Hi everyone - May the 4th be with you!

We have now closed the latest round of item page tests, so all site visitors will see the regular item page design on all Market sites later on today.

I’d like to reiterate that our teams closely monitor all aspects of these tests, including conversion rates on the item pages - details on our testing approach are in the first post of this thread. During the latest test we did not see a significant drop in performance for any variant.

When looking at year-on-year comparisons, it’s also important to note that there was an increase in demand for digital goods last year as businesses looked to move online. Please take this into consideration when comparing sales from 2020 to 2021.

1 Like

No, I compared 2018-2019-2021. The traffic on item pages dropped 30-40%

Please boost the traffic with your marketing campaigns to the marketplace.

5 Likes

@StylemixThemes, the same for us. We are Envato authors for 11 years now and we never had a week with a 70% drop in sales, and 0 sales from the United States. That was super strange.

Our sales started to improve today, and hopefully, they continue to increase.

I also think that Envato should boost the marketing for Themeforest, offer new features for authors, and be more transparent.

3 Likes

Same here. The sale drop was not compared to last year. And as @Laborator put it, in my 12 years of being around ( out of which about 5 of giving 110% effort for files) I’ve never seen days so dead before. Something is definitely going on. I’m not pointing fingers at the experiment (much) just stating that this is something more than author paranoia.

3 Likes

The traffic dropped 25% April-20 to April-21. May is so bad so far. Envato author for 10 years…

What the authors got with this tests except drop sales as always…
My case in 8 years has never passed a day without a single sale, lately it’s more and more such days.

1 Like

Note: I have just removed a few posts from this thread. Please respect our Community Rules and don’t attack or call out other users here.

I understand that it’s frustrating seeing your sales drop, and that it’s important to be able to talk about these issues with other authors, and to raise them to the attention of Envato staff. That’s what these forums exist for, and they play a valuable role in identifying problems.

Do not take that frustration and then imply that staff or other authors are unskilled, unqualified, or otherwise unsuited to perform their work.

This is an official warning: if you do this again, I will suspend your Envato Forum account.

3 Likes

No worries @BenLeong. Sorry for this.

1 Like

I have been raising my voice here about the low sales for the last 2 months but nobody was listening. We finished April as our lowest ever month in 8 years I hope now after replies from Power Elite Authors @StylemixThemes @QuanticaLabs this unnecessary testing to ruin an already established/working UI/UX will stop.

4 Likes