Hypothesis-driven testing on Envato Market: Item Page tests

Perfectly understandable and normal to give feedback even if you’re not an UX/UI expert. Was simply stating it’s great to give feedback here but to keep in mind that the sale fall could be due to the cooldown period post-discount.

Do you think that the post sales/discount cooldown period is over now? Because here everything about sales are freezed since 25th March

1 Like

Wouldn’t be able to tell as these are always different. For example, 2 years ago after CyberMonday I remember fluctuations a month after the event ended :expressionless: - hopefully this will not be the case - sales on ThemeForest are pretty low as well based on the popular week page… Do you guys still see the design of the test live? I see the old design has been returned.

1 Like

Yes, the old design has been returned since 6-7th April, maybe earlier. I think it’s more user-friendly.

1 Like

Does anyone notice that live help been removed from the help page? Is there a way to report some issues? On Chrome browser, I can`t access the analytics page of my item (yet it works ok via mobile phone). Does anyone experience the same?

Thanks a lot for the update. Seems like this tread is actually the only source of such information, so these updates are really valuable. And it is good we can talk and suggest something directly at least here.

Here are a few things you might want to consider:

1. Making descriptions shorter is understandable, no argument here, I never scroll more than two times either. Though I do scroll a few times, so please leave some space visible for the client so that the latest changes will be available there, like for instance this banner in Jacqueline’s description - http://prntscr.com/11fnn3b

1.1. Another important factor - support and documentation buttons. If we hide description, the client will have trouble finding them. Maybe they need to be located somewhere visible like these spots - http://prntscr.com/11fo2w1

Maybe you want even make them dynamic and tell clients how many months of support for the item they’ve got right on the button. And ask them renew it if they are running out of support time. In case the theme hasn’t been purchased by the client the button will just say “Buy support” - like a separate product, i mean. You’d be surprised how many people get pirate copies of themes from somewhere and are still ready to buy support to make their websites actually work.

1. How exactly will shortening these description affect search “by keyword”? I mean, Envato’s algorithms, of course.
  2. Also, a few interesting ideas that might help get more sales:
  • most stores offer features like “let me know when this product is available”. What I am suggesting here is a feature “let me know when this item is on sale”. It would work even better if that will be visible for everyone and authors will know that people want their items. This voting should certainly work for registered users only.
  • another idea is encouraging people to subscribe to author’s feed (http://prntscr.com/11fsgmv) and most importantly letting these subscribers know when an author releases a new item. Seems pretty reasonable and will help boost the new items immensely.
2 Likes

Sounds Good. Thanks for the information and envato innovations.

I would like to know if this will affect the current size of the description area. Moreover, many authors have graphics that depend on these … have thoughts, will this change too? Could you help?
how can this be adapted

(Olivia,developer “employee monitoring”)

Love all your points and agree with them, but must emphasize this. We do have the follow button, where are the followed items? There was a section for this on the homepage. Haven’t seen it in a while? :thinking:

The shorter description will cut any “accident” visitor visit from google and elsewhere (only this idea shows that it`s been offered by a rookie). Less text means less chance to be discovered (for this reason they increased keyword number in VH from 12 to 50 yet this only helps to stand out within the Envato system, but not from outside).

The description is the only part that properly works outside the Envato ecosystem anyone who worked ever with SEO should know this. If there is a need to shorten the visibility of that part it is easy to build expanding dividers (text extenders upon click on +).

1. Also, a few interesting ideas that might help get more sales:
    “let me know when this product is available”. - i do not understand how this will activate sale, this thing goes oppositive to “shortening path for the customer to take action to buy”. That again takes attention away and wastes his time.
    “letting these subscribers know when an author releases a new item” - I never follow authors, I just look for a perfect theme that meets my needs. Never thought to become a fan or follow of any author.
4 Likes

You and all customers haven’t seen it in a while. It is hidden very well:

1 Like

I’d love to see that area back on the homepage with some columns of new items… very well hidden indeed.

3 Likes

All authors would love that. But envato has other plans :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t understand the logic in the change of the product listing UI. Why would you remove the ability to add/save favorites/collections? And why would you require an extra step to view the attributes? The first thing I need to see is the specs of the software. I need to know if it’s Pure PHP, Laravel or Codeigniter. I need to know what version of PHP, MySQL, etc.

Now I gotta bookmark it in my browser when I already have too many bookmarks as it is and now I need to take an extra step to view the most important attributes.

Hi @mikeef74 ,

If you check the item page you will find add/save favorites/collections options. Please check the screenshot to find those options:

Thanks

I’m not getting those in my browser, I’m on MacOS with the latest version of Chrome, Version 90.0.4430.72. I have the ad blocker turned off as well just to make sure there was no conflict. I also cleaned out my cache to no avail.

there is no relation with ad blocker. from my side those options are available. the UI should display in all browser for everyone. please check with another browser and/or pc.

Shows in the old place on Safari. I’m guessing it’s a regional CDN issue, they’ll have to clear their CDN cache.

yes, can be regional CDN issue. please check back later (tomorrow).

1 Like

Capture d’écran 2021-04-23 à 21.15.45
All this Buttons does not appear under the Image Preview

is there an update in the marketplaces?

2 Likes