Hypothesis-driven testing on Envato Market: Item Page tests

I honestly don’t like the direction this is going (see the attached image):

• Author’s identity from Item’s page has been almost completely wiped-off. The only thing left is a small link underneath the Item’s title. Took us years to build a brand, and a relationship with our customers, just to be obliterated by such changes.
  • The Item’s description is hidden by default, requiring an extra step to have it displayed. This was the only section where authors could present their items in a meaningful way that would help conversions, not to mention the only place where you could include important notes, that could not be included otherwise in the Item’s attributes.
  • The Item’s attributes are hidden by default, requiring yet another extra step to have it listed.

Great way to open up the flood gate for Refund requests, as now basically all the useful information is hidden, the buyers will have no clue what on earth they’re buying.

I understand that this might be an A/B testing case, but I’m still horrified that something like this can actually go into live production and presented to potential customers.

Any way of opting out of such tests?

Also while the new iframe bar looks way cleaner (which I like), it still causes issues on pretty much all the Items on CodeCanyon. I’ve suggested an improvement here: Iframe, not letting my customers to check the demo version. - #14 by lunatio - too bad you’re not going the route of a Javascript pop-up instead, with some customizations and perhaps better tracking in terms of conversions too.

18 Likes