Hypothesis-driven testing on Envato Market: Item Page tests

‘Add to collection’ option is also not there.

she’s changed

What the best UX example :slight_smile: No one can find it :slight_smile: Sales halted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh okay! Thanks for letting me know.

When sales are going all well, they do some non sensible stupid experiment and sales stops suddenly. Please tell do you hate your authors community who are feeding you and their family.

Hi all. The current phase of item page experiments involves several different variants - please don’t assume that the version you are seeing will be seen by all users. As with the previous three testing phases, a portion of all Market traffic will continue to see a control version with no changes applied; other traffic will be shown one of the test variants.

There are some changes specific to ThemeForest and CodeCanyon that explore ways of making the Live Preview more prominent, as we know this is an important consideration in purchasing decisions. Only those two marketplaces use live previews, so those changes will be specific to TF/CC items pages.

There are other changes being tested across all marketplaces that involve different variations on the Share, Favourite and Collection UI elements (for example, removing the Share buttons, or changing how Favourite and Add to Collection are displayed).

Essentially, all test variants are looking at different aspects of user behaviour so we can redesign the item page. No amount of assumption about what customers want can replace hard data on the usage and impact of each element that is included on the item pages - so each round of item page variants is designed to test each of the factors that influences purchasing behaviour.

As each test wraps up, the results inform the types of variants that we will test next time. Changes are gradually incorporated into the standard item page design, once we have enough data to know which aspects to change, and what changes to make.

I bet that after you`ll implement all the tests, and then re-run the same user behavior questionary again, You will get almost the same results (and same requests for improvements), which will lead into reorganizing things again and again. So by seeing my sales drop by -50%, and actually feeling that those changes do not bring any benefit, but just worsening all the things. My question is simple when this all will end?

And what are your plans, to move from enhancing buyer experience to enhancing author experience (especially sales aspect)?

3 Likes

My only question here is ‘When this all will be settled?’ My sales are 50% down of my average income. No hopes for something better this month since only 3 days left and this week started very weak only a couple of sales in 2 days.

6 Likes

So now, while testing is in progress, we cannot add items to collections at all?
How can we now use public collections to categorize items?
It was pretty handy.
Maybe it made sense to just move this button instead of deleting it?

1 Like

Do you have in mind to frequent testing like this which have as a result sales drop by 50% and more where the authors lose their will to create new items and seek some other solutions… any testing by far brought only lower sales and nothing more for authors.
If you want to improve the Marketplace then you have to separate Elements and not than advertising on Marketplace constantly, that’s clear to everyone… things like this only hurt the authors which should be most important to you, better focus your energy on that than on some testing which will not bring any change in terms of higher sales.

10 Likes

Tell me please, how can I add my item to my collection now? There are no buttons

1 Like

New Design Missing Social Sharing Icons ? We are absorbed some traffic coming from social website. I don’t understand why removed this ? How to share others this item ?

1 Like

I’d like to know that too

@BenLeong Can you return the “add to collection” button, now there is no way to use it

There is “add to collection” button but is moved top/right - I have already answered you in my previous post.

I don’t have it

Just checked your item and it looks ok for me - there is a collection button.
I don’t know why you don’t see that button, maybe it has something to do with some browser add-on.

Thank you!!! I’ve cheked it on tablet and it’s work! There is no buttons on iphone safari and desktop Opera. Desktop Chrome also ok.

2 Likes

Guys, they are testing with different versions. Obviosuly, there is one version with the collection button removed completely.

While I don’t know why they hate collections and usability so much, it does not make sense to tell other people that you are having a collection button.

If you want to use collections and you are seeing a version with no button, all you can do is switch browser or devices. Or wait till the test is over.