Humbly ask for feedback

Hello,
I would like to humbly ask for feedback to my 2 tracks. So, I ask you, more experienced authors, for a few words about what I should improve and what is wrong. I know, that there is lot of tracks of this style, but I would be very grateful for your feedback especially for first track.

Thank you for your time

Here are the tracks:

It seems to me that the composition and arrangement is ок. Probably a problem in intelligence. The balance of loudness demands attention, some instruments sound abruptly (not the most successful choice of equalizer settings). Acoustic guitar and piano in the first track sound unnatural.

1 Like

Hi @BlueSkylark

Composition and arrangement is ok, some good ideas, but my opinion is that THE problem is in the mix:
Everything is flat, without relief, without nuances.
Drums are really far behind and you lost the energizing part of your track.
It lacks a spatialization work, you know, this vision of sound in terms of height, width, depth and dynamics…
I would suggest starting with better balance and panoramic placement of different elements, and use reverbs to create a coherent space.

even if these tracks are in a very common style on AJ, I think that once well mixed they can have potential here.

just my 2 cents! wish you all the best

1 Like

Hey :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3:

Very good idea, but not good enough quality

Try to listen top tracks here on AJ, especially in your favorite styles. Try to achieve that quality and sound. Your music must meet the profession standarts and have commercial value for video projects. Also I can recommend to learn on YouTube tutorials, courses more and keep going to write music. Write the music you would buy for yourself.
The quality of tracks on AJ is improving day by day so you have to match this and permanently work hard and learn I believe.
I wish you will get it!

Cheers :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Thank you guys for your advice. I appreciate it. I will try to improve and next recording will be definitely better, I hope :slight_smile:

1 Like