How to use a template in new version AE 2019

Hello,
I tried to open a video template for an intro in the AE CC 2019. Then I always get the following message: “This project has to be converted from version 11”
I can only recognize a part of the elements at all. Most Pictures and text elements are not visible.

Adobe support can not help me. Does somebody has any idea?

1. Make sure that you extracted project from zip archive with all folders and files in it to the same place.
  2. Message: “This project has to be converted from version 11” is normal, click OK and do not worry.
  3. Some pictures and text shown on preview video may be not included in the actual template. You should “fill” project with your own assets. There should be instruction how to do it.
1 Like

Hi.
That´s because original project was created with a previous version of After Effects, just click “ok” and project will open. Then you have to locate where the “assets” folder is and relink every element from the project window in After Effects (using “replace footage” option) to that folder so they can be loaded correctly.
Good Luck!

Hi,
thank you for your comment. I have found the folder with the assets. Unfortunately, if I mark an element I can not select the footage replace function. This function is shown grayed.

The pictures and other elements are not displayed in the preview at all.
The expert from Adobe told me today: The version 11 would have to be from the year 2012 and then many effects are simply lost.

Do you have another idea?

Hi,
of course I could do that, but unfortunately not only the pictures but also many effects are not functional. I can only find the texts and adapt them.

So I would have to completely redesign the whole project, that feels like many hours of work

Then it’s a question directly to author of the template. You may contact him from profile page.

I have no more ideas about that. It´s the only way to relink everything inside a project and load it properly.
Maybe this is right: “The expert from Adobe told me today: The version 11 would have to be from the year 2012 and then many effects are simply lost.”
You should do what @secondfalseiteration said and contact author. I´m sure that he/she can help you more than us from here.

thank you very much for your ideas! I will contact the author.

2 Likes