If you are using Magento version 2.4.0 and want to upgrade to Magento version 2.4.1. In this tutorial, I will illustrate how to upgrade, please follow:
Steps to Upgrade Magento Version from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1:
Step 1: Implement the below command to convert your site into maintenance mode if you are performing on a live site:
php bin/magento maintenance:enable
Step 2: After this, you will require to update the composer.json with the latest version:
composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.4.1 --no-update
Step 3: Open file “composer.json” in code folder and change version 2.4.0 to version 2.4.1
Step 4: Fire the following command:
Note: In the process of running this command if you get asked to enter Public key and Private key please go to this page:
- Log in to the Magento Marketplace. If you don’t have an account, click Register.
- Click your account name in the top-right of the page and select My Profile.
- Click Access Keys in the Marketplace tab.
4. Click Create a New Access Key. Enter a specific name for the keys and click OK.
5. New public and private keys are now associated with your account that you can click to copy. Save this information or keep the page open when working with your Magento project. Use the Public key as your username and the Private key as your password.
Step 5: Run these commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:flush
Step 6: At last don’t forget to disable maintenance mode
php bin/magento maintenance:disable
That’s it you are upgraded to Magento version 2.4.1
View Full Blog Post