How to save .PNG image in 160dpi Photoshop?

I need to make a android tablet design in photoshop , .png , 1280x800px, 160 dpi. I open new file, set those parameters, choose the PNG24, and save for web device. now , when i right click on picture, properties, i see that its only 32 Bit Depth showing, no any dpi details shown like jpg images shows dpi details! Now , my question is: How can i save it as 160 dpi?

Any Idea guys.

Don’t use save for web - just use ‘save as’ and choose PNG

ChapterThemes said

Don’t use save for web - just use ‘save as’ and choose PNG

Yup… i tested that thing but no luck!

Are you sure you understand what dpi represents? An image has resolution. That is all it matters. DPI is a setting you chose for the tool that will use the image; like, in what density to use the pixels of the image.

wickedpixel said

Are you sure you understand what dpi represents? An image has resolution. That is all it matters. DPI is a setting you chose for the tool that will use the image; like, in what density to use the pixels of the image.

Yeah i know, But my requirement is i need .png image in 160dpi. But photoshop not exporting properly.

webdesignerart said
wickedpixel said

Yeah i know, But my requirement is i need .png image in 160dpi. But photoshop not exporting properly.

Just make it 2842x1776 :smiley:

||+803194|Dream-Theme said-||
webdesignerart said
wickedpixel said

Just make it 2842x1776 :smiley:

:P… I want each n every big/small all images in 160dpi.

webdesignerart said
wickedpixel said

You still do not understand. The dpi is resolution dependent. If an image has better resolution, it will support higher dpi values. Google the dpi for more info.

First of all, DPI does not exist on screen. On screen it’s PPI :slight_smile:

Anyway, if i create an image in photoshop and set PPI to 160, or 300 or whatever and do a save as to a PNG format i have an PNG with the set PPI.

It should work

Quite Interesting! where are PPI settings exist in Photoshop?

webdesignerart said

Quite Interesting! where are PPI settings exist in Photoshop?

image > image size - quite a nice thing to know in the first place if you want to change those settings for an image :slight_smile: