how to rename/protect wp themes/install subdirectories?

hi - as I buy themes here, I don’t want competitors to be able to just use firebug or ctrl-u to see
mysitename.com/themes/nameoftheme/etc

so that they could find out name of theme and then copy my site ideas; any suggestions on how to recode theme files so that they’re more anonymous, like

mysitename.com/themes/renamedtheme/… ?

i am widely copied in my industry, so i want to make it harder for them to find out name of theme, by renaming it.

challenge is, seems like I’d have to use find/replace in all the source phps and csses to rename subdirectories and pathing, which is a pain… any other good ways to install theme at least to different name subdirectory?

thanks…

if the theme is coded properly you should just be able to change the folder name and rename or leave the stuff in the style.css header

hi - thanks… anyone else, tips for doing this?

I don’t want people to Ctrl-U and see mysite.com/themes/nameoftheme/etc

I’d like to rename the subdirectory to something random so the name of the installed theme isn’t revealed… any other tips? thanks very much

rename the theme folder, then change the name in your style.css file and you are good to got :slight_smile:

hey thanks - that worked! i had to just also re-activate the theme, once renaming the subdirectory, and now it works great - much appreciated. I am very fast coder, live on ftp :slight_smile:

Kriesi said

rename the theme folder, then change the name in your style.css file and you are good to got :slight_smile:

I thought I heard an echo…

you’re both right… thanks …