How to recover US Royalty Withholding Tax ?

For every sale in US, there is 15% deduction as US Royalty Withholding Tax. There is lots of amount deducted. I have submitted tax information form. As per US government tax treaty with our country, 15% will be deducted.

Now, I want to know where is US Royalty Withholding Tax and how to recover it? Can I recover from my local tax office or there is another way?


For reducing US backup withholding tax (24%) you should to submit your TAX information form. If you submit the form with your TAX information then only tax will be taken for US sale and TAX percentage depends on your country.
US Tax Treaties:

Otherwise you have to give US backup withholding tax (24%) for all of your sale. you can contact your local tax advisor(Lawer) about TAX information.


When completing your taxes in your own country, you need to report the US tax you’ve had withheld, and likely present the 1099 form to the relevant tax authority. Your tax due will then be reduced by the amount you’ve already paid.