How to open an AEP file.

You bought an item in a section named After Effects Project Files, not Photoshop files. That´s why I say is really important to read everything in an item description before purchase. The description says exactly what kind of software you need to use that item, including additional software if needed.

Then that should be put even more clearly somewhere before purchase for people like me who do not know that you need after effects. I know about threejs and css 3d-animation and I thought this was just perfect to…ah well. Refunds are not possible I presume?

I guess refunds are not possible taking into consideration your reasons. Anyway, I disagree with you, I think is very clear that you need After Effects when an item is in this section. Description is very detailed about what you need to open these kind of files.
Good Luck! :+1:

The problem is that the term “After Effects” does not really indicate it is a name of a software, as it could simply be the name of these kind of “Effects” we are selling - After Effects - like Visual Effects.

However, when there are things like Version numbers mentioned one could get suspicious. I still understand how this can happen to someone without experience in this area, though.

There are some solutions now: Best is to use the trial version of After Effects and try out if you can edit the template yourself with that.
You can also hire someone to edit it for you, this does mean to pay again, though.
You can contact the author and ask for a refund.
You can also contact envato support and explain the situation, but in general the rule is: if you downloaded it already, there is no refund.

To contact support, you can go to this page:
https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

I agree with you about this:

But I still think that you have to read descriptions very well before purchase, that saves a lot of problems. It´s just like when you buy any product that has some complexity, you try to be informed first, then you buy it or not. Even more if you see, for example, “CS6 and above” next to After Effects, that has to make you think that something is going on about the product you´re buying.

Exactly that @Creattive. @GoForMotion good reading is always the best, you’re totally right about that. But for example, if I make a website and think everything is clear and I get only one complaint that something is not, I immedialtely take that serious and change whatever she/he thinks is unclear because that one person could mean a whole percentage of the all the visitors.
I will share the cost of the ‘damage’ with my client and forget about it. Fortunately this is the first time I made this mistake!

OMG, I landed myself in the same situation, I thought it would be easy to edit, didnt know its needs a software to edit, however, just learnt 1 thing, read everything carefully, especially the forums before any online purchase.

It’s happen to me too, bought the Weather Forecast and VoluMax pro both required AE, wtf! They are junk now!

They are not junk. You just have no idea what you’re doing.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I meant useless too me! Still love it but can’t use them, so sad! Cheer.

Number One Rule: Read specifications before purchase

it just happened to me too. aep files being sold with no warning or explanation about the additiona fees we might have to pay. This is a horrible customer experience for this page and the developers offerings.
NOT ever will I buy from you guyus again.
My comment was not answered by the way. Plus it was too hard to find how to report it too.

Hopefully youo can be better in the future

bravo - customer service

When you buy a gas canister, are you planning to leave the gas station on a gas canister? Or do you still need a car for this? When you buy a gas canister at a gas station, they explain to you that in order to leave with the help of this gasoline you need a car?
Can you open a Word file without Word?
Can you open a photoshop file without photoshop?
Can you unzip a ZIP file without an ZIP Archiver?
Can you open a video without a player?
Of course not.
It’s not very nice of you to blame the market for not explaining obvious elementary basic things. And how is this supposed to happen? Before buying, should a full-screen video appear with explanations for beginners? :man_shrugging:
You can see an indication that this is After Effects project in three places. Have you read the description before buying?

8 Likes

Hi. Sorry you feel that way. May I say something? Just my humble opinion after reading your whole post. If I was a customer who needs to buy, for example, an animation, intro or logo to edit and customize with my own assets, first of all I would investigate at least a little bit how I can make this edition/customization that I need for my personal use, because nothing is automatic in this world. So If I see a product which has a name like “After Effects Project File”, before doing anything with my money, I would wright “After Effects Project File” in Google search bar. If you do this, I’m sure that you certainly will get a lot of info about this software and how to use it. After doing that, if you think that After Effects is not a software that you can or want to use for whatever reason, then you just don’t buy the product and that’s all, there is nothing misleading or tricky about that.

2 Likes

Sorry that you think like this. I never commited any fraud in my whole life, anyway I don’t have to explain this to you. Getting back to the point about this whole issue, I can disagree with you and that’s not a fraud, it’s just that I don’t think the same way you do. Again, that’s not a fraud. And I still think that before using my money for anything, first I have to check if everything I will get is useful or not to me. It’s really naive that because you can read “the only creative subscription you need” everything is going to be delivered to you ready to use by magic. Anyway, I just gave you my personal opinion, you can disagree and it’s perfectly fine. And I still disagree with you and still think you are making an issue of this unjustifiably. On the other hand, you are in the wrong forum if you are trying to warn customers, because this is authors forum. Go to customers forum to do such thing.
And I respect opinions from others, so…
Respectfully
Best regards.
GoForMotion

2 Likes

Oh, you may say that about any product. Apple do not write that their apples you can’t eat. When you buy a car, it’s obvious that you also need a fuel, road, and drive license.
And what is most important. When you accidentally bought something that do not suit you, you can get back all your money.
There is no possible way to alert every person for everything. In another universe you may argue that Envato do not say that their creative items need computer. Or electricity!

Contact Envato support.

3 Likes