How to include unsplash images license

Hi there,
I would like to know about the images used in WordPress Theme Demo from unsplash.com.

Unsplash License
All photos published on Unsplash are licensed under Creative Commons Zero which means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer or Unsplash.

A. Am I allowed to use the images from unsplash.com in my demo?
B. If yes, then can I use those images via online?
C. If yes, then can I use their images downloaded?
D. How to include unsplash lincense?

Thanks much for your time :slight_smile:

You can do ANYTHING with the images on Unsplash.
A - Yes
B - Yes
C - Yes
D - You don’t need to. Only in your item’s description page state that you’ve used images from Unsplash (this step is also unnecessary but it will be right to do so)

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile: @Bedros

1 Like

ok but what if someone upload an unlicensed image or an image form fotolia.com to unsplash.com and i use it on my theme. How can we be sure about this. Has unsplash.com a prevention against this kind of situation ?

Untitled-2

I have already read it. But my Question is about some unexpected issues. what if someone upload an photo from another photographer(without getting the permission). This is the Question.

You can use images from unsplash in your demo url. But, you need to replace them with placeholder images as I did via reviewers:
https://placeholder.com/

If you need some sort of a guarantee, this is the wrong planet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sory, what do you mean with this?

that’s right, but maybe someone has an idea about it.

Reviewers told me to replace all images by placeholders. If you want to decrease your reviewing process time, I suggest you to replace all images with placeholders like the example (Width x Height):
http://placehold.it/800x600

ok, thank you :+1:

I think, site where you download images is resposible for legality of content and for rights it grants to users.

Actually these sites almost all have big disclaimers that state that they are not responsible and cannot be held accountable for the content uploaded to their sites.

2 Likes

Um… In that case it is better not to take chances and not go beyond using images in demo.