How to include a plugin to WordPress theme?

Hello!

I want to include a free plugin to My WordPress theme,

How to include a plugin to WordPress theme?

I wait you …

Thanks.

Bundled plugins must be included via the TGM Plugin Activation class or a similar solution to manage plugin dependency. Plugins can be installed from WordPress.org, private repos or a bundled ZIP file.

WebD3m said

Bundled plugins must be included via the TGM Plugin Activation class or a similar solution to manage plugin dependency. Plugins can be installed from WordPress.org, private repos or a bundled ZIP file.

I want to include a plugin to function.php file

How to?

You understand me?

QassimDev said
WebD3m said

How to?

You understand me?

yeah i think i know to do you want Qassim,
if u want to add plugin in your WP theme you must use TGM Plugin it`s WP theme Submission requirements for ThemeForest ,
i hope that is what you are looking for .

WebD3m said
QassimDev said
WebD3m said

How to?

You understand me?

if u want to add plugin in your WP theme you must use TGM Plugin it`s WP theme Submission requirements for ThemeForest ,

Great!

Okay themeforest is allowed include plugin to my premium theme? or not allowed

After include plugin, I will upload my theme on themeforest!

QassimDev said
WebD3m said
QassimDev said
WebD3m said

How to?

You understand me?

Great!

yes it`s allow ,you can install plugins from wordpress.org , private repos or a bundled zip file.

WebD3m said
QassimDev said
WebD3m said
QassimDev said
WebD3m said

How to?

You understand me?

Great!

yes it`s allow ,you can install plugins from wordpress.org , private repos or a bundled zip file.

Nice!

Okay you have tutorial fro TGM

this: http://tgmpluginactivation.com/ is not helpful :frowning:

Now I included a plugin to My theme using TGM …
Thanks WebD3m.
Good luck.

QassimDev said

Thanks WebD3m.
Good luck.

good luck to you :wink:

Perso_themes said

Thanks WebD3m.
Good luck.

Hi Perso_themes and WebD3m
Can you tell me if you uploaded your plugin on wordpress.org or you used a bundled zip file. If you used a bundled zip file where have you put it when you submitted or how did you proceed? I tried to put my custom plugin into the theme zip file, but won’t let me upload the zip because there has to be only one folder containing the theme.

Thanks in advance!

wpGalax said
Perso_themes said

Thanks WebD3m.
Good luck.

Can you tell me if you uploaded your plugin on wordpress.org or you used a bundled zip file. If you used a bundled zip file where have you put it when you submitted or how did you proceed? I tried to put my custom plugin into the theme zip file, but won’t let me upload the zip because there has to be only one folder containing the theme.

Thanks in advance!

If you want it bundled, you need to put it inside the theme’s folder, you can create a subfolder like “requirements” or “plugins” and link it from there with TGM

Hope it helps!

Thanks in advance!

If you want it bundled, you need to put it inside the theme’s folder, you can create a subfolder like “requirements” or “plugins” and link it from there with TGM

Hope it helps!

Thanks a lot MaGeekLab! I understand now, you are really helping :slight_smile:

I am just wondering… isn’t a plugin supposed to be inserted in the wp-content/plugins folder of a wordpress?

From what you know is there a difference between bundled zip file / private repos / wordpress.org from the reviewer’s point of view? Do the reviewers prefer the plugin to be placed on the wordpress.org or a private repos or it just does not matter?

Seems the easiest way for an uninstructed buyer to have it right there in the bundled zip file.

wpGalax said

Thanks in advance!

Hope it helps!

I am just wondering… isn’t a plugin supposed to be inserted in the wp-content/plugins folder of a wordpress?

From what you know is there a difference between bundled zip file / private repos / wordpress.org from the reviewer’s point of view? Do the reviewers prefer the plugin to be placed on the wordpress.org or a private repos or it just does not matter?

Seems the easiest way for an uninstructed buyer to have it right there in the bundled zip file.

It’s different because if you include in your theme a premium plugin (like revolution slider or visual composer) you can’t upload it to wordpress.org, so it has to be bundled inside your theme.

Another thing is for example than your theme uses Contact Form 7, then you can call it from wordpress.org

Yes, the plugins go to wp-content/plugins, thats why you need the TGM Class, check it here:

Hope ths made it clear! :slight_smile:

MaGeekLab said
wpGalax said

Thanks in advance!

Hope it helps!

It’s different because if you include in your theme a premium plugin (like revolution slider or visual composer) you can’t upload it to wordpress.org, so it has to be bundled inside your theme.

Another thing is for example than your theme uses Contact Form 7, then you can call it from wordpress.org

Yes, the plugins go to wp-content/plugins, thats why you need the TGM Class, check it here:

Hope ths made it clear! :slight_smile:

Yes, it made it very clear, thank you MaGeekLab!

I managed to get it to install from a zip inside a directory. Unfortunately I lost a lot of time because I did not realize I didn’t have the last TGM version and on installing the plugin it gave me the error: “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page”. Once I put the last TGM version it worked flawlessly.

Thanks again for your time and advice. :slight_smile: