how to get H.264 output in after effects

pls help me how can i get H.264 output in after effects when i render it says for h.264 output get it from output module but its alway7s off pls help

Hi!

Composition -> Add to render queue -> Click on the “Output module” -> In format choose Quicktime Movie -> Click on the format options (pop up will open) -> and in compression type choose h.264!

I hope it helped.

CS5 has much better settings for H264. Cs4’s settings are somewhat restricted.

Videomaster said

Hi!

Composition -> Add to render queue -> Click on the “Output module” -> In format choose Quicktime Movie -> Click on the format options (pop up will open) -> and in compression type choose h.264!

I hope it helped.

lol

i know that but when i select h.264 it says

After Effects : For rfeliable output with H.264 compression, please choose it directlly from the Output Module Format menu instead of via QuickTime
(44 : 81)

There is one option below Add Render to Que button but i have not been able to select that

Use the format box on top in the LOSSLESS BOX and select H264 from there. Then you will get the H264 options window.

baf2681 said

CS5 has much better settings for H264. Cs4’s settings are somewhat restricted.

What would you recommend for CS5?

found it thanks for the help :slight_smile:

cloud9communication said

found it thanks for the help :slight_smile:

hi, I also have a problem ike you, the h.265 does not appear on the options, please do check the screenshot, can you please help me how you found it?

Anyway you can get much better result when make output to AVI and then compress AVI to H.264 mov with Quicktime Pro. Adobe compressor does not have multy pass compression support and output file size like 2x for same quiality vs. Quicktime Pro compression.

Best Regards,
Andrey