How to fix "Broken Theme/Stylesheet Missing WordPress" Theme Issues

Hi everyone!

Support frequently gets refund requests from WordPress theme buyers who believe that the theme which they have purchased is broken because they get a “Broken Theme/Stylesheet Missing WordPress” error when uploading or activating the theme on their WordPress installation.

These errors generally occur because the theme has been installed incorrectly.

Our moderator & support extraordinaire Drew (CreatingDrew) has created a really helpful screencast & article which clearly & simply explains how to solve this problem if you’re having problems.

You can find the full article & screencast here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do

Share the news with your buyers if you’re an author! :slight_smile:

Thank you for this, you’ve just saved my hours :slight_smile: I’m getting a lot emails about this issue everyday.

Great job!!

Great job as always guys thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Nice work, definitely going to save a lot of emails

Glad you guys like it, I hope it proves to be useful :wink:

Great, thanks a lot Drew.

:slight_smile:

Thank you Drew! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve answered that “issue” :slight_smile:

Thank you Drew! I can't tell you how many times I've answered that "issue" :)

+1

Excellent addition Drew, Thank you so much!

Bookmark, bookmark, bookmark. I’ll be using this link in the future :slight_smile: Can’t tell ya how many times I’m hit up for support for this issue.

When installing Blue Business theme, after isolation of the template files, including the .css style sheet, I still get the same error “Stylesheet is missing”…YIKES! Any experience with this particular theme installation? Do I need to remain the html folder?

@Dsteel: Did you watch the screencast?

Just gotta drop a note that I use this link all the time for support responses - it helps a ton :slight_smile:

Just gotta drop a note that I use this link all the time for support responses - it helps a ton :)

Awesome! I’ve been curious as to how much authors are using this so I’m glad to hear it Brandon :slight_smile:

Brilliant!

Just gotta drop a note that I use this link all the time for support responses - it helps a ton :)

Me too, don’t ever delete this thread!

I have to laugh every time I get an email on it since Step 1 in my latest instructions starts with: “Do not upload the entire file you download from ThemeForest, just the…” :slight_smile:

Great information really, buyers need it.

Thanx so much.Very helpful!!!great to have ppl in this world like you!!

Bookmarked…

All good except the link you supplied to the screen shots doesn’t work!!!